75

HIII- lel- here's two chapters, the other one will be up in half an hour or so:))

Cole's POV

I didn't think before I jumped in, my arms searching for Avery in the dark waters.

He was falling further under and I was panicking.

I was drunk, I wasn't the best one to do this but fuck it's Aves.

The coldness of the fresh water made me gasp, choke a little as my lungs took in water but I ignored that burning as I swam deeper searching desperately. My body made contact with the smashed bottle first and my fucking heart fell to my stomach when my hands found Avery and he was unresponsive.

Just drifting downwards.

I was stone sober, immediately.

I felt my lungs burning for air, my eyes stinging, and I wrapped an arm under his armpits and pulled him up, my legs struggling to work with the water, my shoes, clothes, weighing me down too.

It was hard, it was so dark.

I pushed upwards, not realising how deep we were and I looked up, my eyes widening at how far it felt, the moon coming through the water ever so lightly.

No. 

Okay.

So I swam up, my right arm just pulling at the water as I tried to reach the surface with him, and finally, finally I heaved him up and I gasped, choking as I was suddenly able to take in oxygen.

I slapped him, trying to get him to wake up and he wouldn't, so I tried to lie him on my chest, his face out the water and tried to swim backwards towards shore.

"Help! Help! Linc!" Nova's voice suddenly sprang into my ears and I continues to splutter as I tried to swim with this totally dead weight in my arms, fuck Avery, you are fine, you fell, why the hell are you non responsive?

I mean, he did smash against the side of the pier before he fell.

Fuck.

"Cole!" Linc shouts and I see him briefly, my head falling under water. It doesn't matter about me, Avery can't hold his breath like this, his head needs to be up.

His head needs to be up.

Fuck I am not loosing another mate. Fuck no. 

That's all I think about as I try and change directions, dragging my fucking friend back over towards the pier as I manage to see Linc bent over on the wooden deck, his arms outstretched ready to grab Avery if I can just get him over to him.

I can, fuck of. I can do this.

I am choking on water, struggling to pull him back in as my lungs are burning and my limbs are struggling to move with Avery on top of them but I carry on.

I love night swimming, Nova can attest to that. This wasn't very fucking fun.

Shit this fucking night, I was chill, being ignored by Nova. It was fine.

This wasn't fine.

"Cole come on." Nove says and I realise I must be close enough now to hear her voice so I push even harder, Ash is bent down with Linc now too and I know they need two people to haul him back up but damn a hand in the water would have been nice.

"We got him." Linc says as my back hits a wooden post and I let myself fall under the water as I lift Avery up with all my might again, my friends grabbing under his armpits and dragging him onto the pier.

There's a lot of fussing and I just fucking give myself a minute, but well Linc then is bending over and Ash and him haul my ass up too.

I'm coughing.