84

Nova's POV

"You okay?" I ask hesitantly as Cole puts his phone down.

He didn't sound okay or look okay but saying what is wrong always triggers me the fuck out so I was trying to be considerate.

"Huh?" He breathes, confused as to the fact I was listening.

I tuned in on his phone call because I heard his tone change and apparently I am sensitive to that. I heard him talk about prison and that she was being reckless and I just, curiousity took me yanoe.

I went to my appointment with Tristan at 11AM and Cole came and picked me up from it, I scared him last night, freaked him out as I freaked the fuck out.

But he didn't leave.

He didn't even look like he wanted to.

Now we were back at the flat and I had been on the phone to the landlord the same time that Ivy had called Cole. His friend. Cole's pale face doesn't look as if it was a good conversation.

I forgot about the fact my fences were on the brink of falling down due to the wind storm outside and sat down next to him immediately.

"Cole?"

"It's fine." He says, sending me a fake ass tight lipped smile.

"Colton."

"It's not fine." He grits, anger deep in his tone and he just blows out a low breath.

"Tell me?"

"It's personal to her though, I cant just-"

"Tell me what is upsetting you." I say and place a hand on his tense arm and he just sighs and his arms open slightly asking for a hug.

Of course I move into them.

"Ivy is going the prison, the one her... rapist is being kept and she is going to confront him or she is going to get closure or some stupid ass shit which roughly translates to her not doing okay and her definetly not being okay after. I just, he's getting out and do you know how hard it is not to think about the things I would do to him if I ever laid my eyes on that fucker."

Oh.

Shit.

Ivy was raped?

"Should you go down there? To see if she is okay? I could come, I know that is weird but-"

"I already asked if she wanted me there, she's doing this behind her boyfriend's back and he wont be pleased to know I knew before he did."

"Cole she will be okay." I whisper and he just shakes his head.

"I know, like she always is, but it's just so fucked up." Cole says, his head on my shoulder too and I just hug him with all that I can.

"You told her we sang high school musical together?" I say quietly and he laughs, pulling back and giving me a warm look.

"Yes she may recent you forever for that."

Wow...

"Will I meet her?" I ask and he nods, absolutely sure of it.

"I'll need a plus one to her and that lad's wedding." He laughs and my eyesbrows raise.

"She's getting married?"

"No." He chuckles and he relaxed back on the sofa, pulling my legs over his lap and I just settle down too. "It's just a joke, they just are very in love."

"How long have they been togetehr?" I ask, a little confused. Ivy only left like three, four months ago.

"They were together before she came here, and technically they aren't together yet I don't think. But they will be, yanoe just like us."