30

Nova's POV

"Are you sure you want to sit over there November?" Tristan asks me hesitantly and I nod. I was sat on the floor, my back against the wall. I didn't want to sit on the chair I was prepared to have a fat off chat today and I needed the space. 

It was Wednesday now, I hadn't gone to school today. I needed a day to mentally prepare myself for this afternoon and for the rest of the week.

In reality, I over slept and with all the extra sleep I had been getting lately my head was starting to ache. 

So I let myself have the day. 

Tristan nods and collects his notepad and a pillow, walking around his desk and he walks to the opposite wall from me, sitting down and leaning against it.

"Hi." I say and he nods softly at me.

"How are you feeling?" He asks and I roll my eyes.

"Good."

"Good?"

"I need to talk about Yuen. It's messing up my life. I need you to fix it."

His eyes widen because I don't talk about Yuen, even when he thinks I am talking about him I talk about surface stuff. I talk about how he controlled my medication and how I get anxious when I think about that.

I never talk about much further than that.

But I think I needed to.

"I cannot simply fix things Nova, that is not my job."

"Quite frankly it is." I say and he shakes his head at me.

"What do you mean it is messing up your life?"

"I compare everyone to him, I think, he did this so they are going to do this. I think his motive of doing this was that and so their motive of doing that is this." I say and I know I make little sense. Tristan confirms that.

"Nova, I need less vagueness." He tells me and I huff.

"He was vile." I whisper and Tristan nods slowly.

"Don't write this down." I say in panic and he furrows his eyebrows at me but nods, closing his book and pushing it slightly away from him.

It's just him and me here.

"Tristan he's dangerous in this town, that is why I cant talk about him because if it gets back to them or back to him I will get in trouble. He will stop leaving me alone."

He nods slowly at me and states. "Just tell me how he hurt you Nova, you don't need to tell me who he is."

How he hurt you.

I didn't even know.

Start with the most obvious things.

"He hurt me." I say my eyes watching his, trying to see is he would look at me differently. Over a year of this therapy and I hadn't fully opened up about this. Yuen was just a guy who I dated at the worst time of my life, a guy who was manipulative. That's all Tristan really knew.

I wasn't coping well this week, my head lost in the past so I decided to just try and actively take charge of my mental health before I slipped up.

"How?" Tristan says softly and I cringe.

"He didn't even hurt me. God. I mean just, he would occasionally slap me or pinch me or-"

"That is hurting you Nova, that counts as domestic violence."

I glare at him because I was trying to talk and I didn't need him to confirm shit I already knew.

"His friends did worse things, on his demand."