76

DOUBLE UPDATEEE:)

pls remember to vote and commentttt

Nova's POV.

When I got back into the bathroom I saw that Colton had his head in the toilet, his body convulsing as he threw up and I froze a little.

Oh.

"Hey." I breath softly, crouching besides him.

I was admittedly dressed in some of my sweatpants and a hoodie of his, wanting his warmth when I went and found him some clothes.

I placed his change of clothes besides him and my hand softly stroked his back. He didn't tell me to get out, not like I would have done, he just continues to choke a bit and I place my forehead on his good arm just quickly, to say that I was here.

"Cole if you are really not feeling good, maybe we should get you checked out? For my peace of mind at least."

He pauses and shakes his head, flushing the toilet.

"Nove, it's just the amount of alcohol." He mumbles and I close my eyes as we sit here together.

"Do you still feel sick?" I ask and he shrugs.

"Don't think so."

"You should sleep, go to bed." I say and he smiles shaking his head.

"Lets go join everyone, please?" He asks and I just nod.

Tonight was a lot.

And I don't know how I ended up being the one to actually think straight in a crisis but I guess that is what happens when you grow up in chaos, you get desensitised to it.

What to do when things go wrong gets imbedded into your bones.

Cole was struggling so much to swim with Avery, not knowing how to hold him and swim so Aves head was out of the water, but he did it, and if he hadn't we would have lost him.

I just made him my friend.

Cole stands and I watch as he slowly gets changed into the clothes I brought for him, offering his hand to pull me up. I shake my head, his hand being batted away as I stand on my own because he was offering his bad one and I wasn't going to hurt him.

"Are you ready?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"Teeth, I need to brush them." He says and I open the door for us, leaving our little bubble of a bathroom and he gently, hesitantly almost, reaches for my fingers to hold.

"You can hold my hand Cole." I breath a laugh and he just grips it, pulling me with him and I move closer to him, wanting his warmth still.

"Ima going to brush my teeth, meet you in the garden?" He asks and I just pout a little but nod.

I was being clingy.

I just, he was under the water for a long ass time. As I stood shouting, screaming for Lincoln and Sage and Lacey and Ashley, I needed them to come and help.

They did. Thank fuck.

It's over it's okay.

"Nove are you okay?" He asks. "Tonight was a lot, and I know how mad it makes you when people check up on you like this. But I am asking right now how you are, and you know what I mean."

I look up at him and then I take a deep breath. I think I am fine, I am just relieved that Avery woke up.

"Cole Ryan didn't wake up." I whisper. "But Avery did. And I know me helping one friend doesn't make it up to you that I was the cause of another loss, but-"