16

This is long... enjoy lol.

"You recon there'll notice you left?" Cole asks as we sit in the car outside my flat and I look up at the dark windows in suspense.

"I hope to god not."

"You shouldn't have to worry about their opinions so much." Cole says and I send him a small smile.

"They have the right to have an opinion about things honestly."

"Why?"

"Because they're my friends? Don't you have opinions about what your friends do? " I ask and he nods at me.

"Well yeah, but we are never scared to tell eachother the shit that we get up to. Even though we might disapprove." He says.

"It's different with us, they helped me a lot."

"After Yuen?" He asks and I cringe because quite frankly no.
They weren't really involved with the Yuen stuff, it was after when I was trying to adjust to the medication properly and when I was flipping from depressive and mania every few months.

"Yeah." I lie.

Cole doesn't judge but there's also boundaries. Like, new friends don't tell each other their darkest shit right?

"So they don't like me because I remind them of Yuen?" He asks.

"Cole I just, yeah I guess so. I told them ages ago that I saw you there so they think you're one of them I guess."

"And you haven't corrected it?" He asks a little appalled.

"They don't know we have been talking." I say and he nods once.

"I get it." He says and I crinkle my nose at him. I don't get what he gets.

"What?" I ask and he shrugs and restarts the car, hinting for me to get out.

"Cole?" I ask and he turns his face to meet mine. His eyes were dark but I had no idea what he was thinking.

He was probably thinking he wanted to leave. I had taken up a hella lot of his time tonight. It was gone three.

"Mm?"

"Thankyou."

He rolls his eyes and I watch a little shocked at his sudden attitude change.

His tone is cold, condescending "Stop thanking me for my dick Nova."

My cheeks flare a little and I turn away, going to grab the door handle and I mutter.
"I meant for a good night but yeah okay."

His arm outstretches and holds my elbow gently, stopping me for leaving.

"I am sorry. I didn't mean to get mad."

"Why did you just get angry though?"

"Negative emotions."

I don't want to ever make him feel negative emotions though.

"About what?"

"About the fact your friends think I am the same as that fucker, November do you think that feels good? Will you just tell them that I am not."

I look at his offended face and sigh. "Cole I-"

"You do believe me right?" He says and my eyes widen.

I hadn't even considered the idea that he could by lying honestly.

"Yes god." I say. "Cole I will tell them."

Cole looks at me suspiciously and then nods.

"Goodnight then." He mumbles and I don't know why I feel so bad.