31

Hey! Remember to vote and comment- comments make my day:)))

November's POV

As I got into Sophie's car a soft, underlying panic felt as if it was climbing into my veins and drifting into my blood, slowly being pumped around me body.

Why?

Well, because I was supposed to feel better now.

I was supposed to share the Yuen stuff and then the slow decent I had been feeling since Sunday was supposed to stop. To go away.

I realised yesterday evening that I only had my period two weeks ago, so I wasn't even due for my it yet.

So I decided that the exhaustion was because of the Yuen stuff. But after getting it off my chest and realising I was determined to face it and figure it out.

I was still sitting here next to Sophie feeling fucking exhausted. So I guess the Yuen stuff was really messing with my head.

"Hi hun, is it alright to pop in and do the checks today?"

"Yes." I say and put my earphone in, listening to some music that I couldn't really focus on.

I opened the pictures and a soft smile spread on my face at Rose's selfies with Lincoln, she was hanging out with him tonight so I was graced with both of their faces.

Sage had work, she had started working at a restaurant per her parents' request and that was taking up a lot of her time.

I flicked through her selfies and I frowned when there wasn't that many, I was done and we were still so far away from home.

"I don't have much in my fridge." I admit. Turning my music off. "I went shopping and then that was when I saw Yuen and I didn't manage to put the shopping away for an hour or two I think and so a few things were ruined and I chucked them away. I haven't had the chance to go shopping again yet."

I had told Sophie about the Yuen thing on Monday, she called so I just told her. She said that she could relocate me, for my safety. She knew he was abusive. But I told her I didn't want that. It wouldn't have changed anything, if he wanted to find me he would.

"Okay, that is totally fine." She says. "But I will have to note it down."

"For what though?" I say.

I don't get who she is recording all this for.

"Just for your file, your history."

"I don't get it." I say and she sends me a smile.

"You don't have to, it doesn't mean anything bad. It's just so cases can be reviewed if necessary."

"Reviewed?"

"It's more to do with my end of the job than you. It's so my supervisors can check that I am doing my job." She explains and I nod in understanding.

Sort of.

I wasn't listening as much as I should have been, I got stuck on the fact that in the winter it would be dark right now, but because it was summer it was light.

I was looking out the window as she talked. 

And I wonder how god decided that.

If that was something god decided.

If I believed in god.

"Do you know that person Nova?" Sophie's voice comes up tight and my head looks up as we pull up outside my flat.

Cole.

I thought he was done with me?

I look at her face and a small laugh falls between my lips at her concerned look.