xxiv.

quinn

monday never felt so good for some reason and i was happy as hell so i hopped out of bed with a smile on my face and changed into a quick outfit then headed to the bathroom.

i brushed my teeth and washed my face then applied some makeup and styled my hair before dante walked into the bathroom rubbing his eyes, "hey baby." i smiled and picked him up then kissed his cheek, "hi mommy." he giggled and wrapped his little arms around my neck.

"what do you want for breakfast?"

"um- toast."

"okay let's go."

"is zion coming?"

"not now baby, maybe later."

"okay."

so i walked downstairs with dante in my arms and walked to the kitchen then began making him toast while he talked to me about his toy cars, he's such a happy boy and i love him so much for it because he can cheer me up so quickly.

then i sat him down around the table and placed a plate with two toasts in front of him before he began eating while i sat with him and drank coffee, he obviously continued talking about his cars but i didn't mind.

when he finished his toasts i put the plate into the sink while he went up to brush his teeth before the doorbell unexpectedly went off, so i walked to my door and opened it with a smile but that quickly dropped when i saw the person on the other side.

i was shocked and lowkey angry that he was here but more confused, i was debating whether to slam the door in his face while he just smiled at me blankly, "what the fuck are you doing here?" i questioned with an annoyed tone, "to visit my son." james mumbled bluntly with a soft smile.

"why?"

"because i've not seen him in so long, and i've not heard from you in awhile."

"why would i have to talk to you to visit your son? that's your job not mine."

"i'm not blaming anything on you i'm just saying."

"well? what do you want?"

"to see my son, and maybe spend the day with him, and you."

"why on earth would i want to spend even a second with you?"

"i know you hate me but i'm here for a good reason, please?"