lxii.

narrator

camila got the call first as she is quinn's sister and her heart dropped, all her thoughts disappeared and she nearly dropped the phone before victor walked up to her very confused as to why she was frozen in one spot not moving a muscle.

when she finally got the words out victor froze too and she immediately texted zion, once the text came through zion was confused as to why camila would be texting him in the middle of day.

but as he read the words 'quinn is in the hospital, she's been in a car crash' his heart sank to his stomach, he quickly put on a shirt and ran downstairs before he shoved on a pair of shoes and hopped into his car.

the only thing running through camila's mind was mom, she couldn't lose quinn in the same way so victor and her made their way to the hospital but all she was thinking of was her only family member left being in a similar accident to her mother's death.

zion wasn't focusing on anything other than quinn and the road, his mind couldn't make up one thought except the sight he could possibly see when he gets to the hospital, his heart was hurting more as seconds went on.

he tried his hardest to keep his tears back as he drove as quickly as he possible could without getting arrested, when he finally arrived he basically ran into the hospital and up to the reception.

"yes sir?"

"i need to see my girlfriend, quinn audrey evans."

"she's currently unable for visit but you can sit down and wait, i'll let you know when she can have visitors."

"okay thank you."

zion's whole body was shaking from fear as he sat down in the waiting area and looked down at the floor as tears started clouding his vision, he wanted to cry his eyes out and barge into quinn's hospital room but he couldn't so he kept quiet and waited impatiently.

then camila and victor walked in immediately spotting zion and sitting down beside him, "can we visit her?" camila asked and he just shook his head in disagreement because his brain wasn't processing any words.

"she's going to be okay."

"i'll go ask a doctor."

victor walked off to find a doctor while zion stayed still thinking and emotionless, camila placed her hand on zion's shoulder and sighed understanding his pain because she was feeling the same if not worse.

zion regretted ever planning anything behind quinn's back because in his mind if he didn't plan anything she wouldn't be worrying and if she wasn't worrying she wouldn't have visited him earlier and never been in the car crash, his mind started blaming him.

he felt numb and tears started runnng down his face but his expression didn't change, "i don't want to lose her." he mumbled after a while to camila, "you won't, we won't." camila said but she wasn't so sure herself either.

"i love her."

"i know and she knows too."

"this is my fault."

"don't you dare, it's not."

"if i wasn't so focused on planning the anniversary she wouldn't be worrying and wouldn't have had to talk about it all, and wouldn't be in a car accident."