Hundred And One

tw: homophobic slurs

"I can't...Okay? I can't. They'll hurt me. Worse than ever before."

"E-ever before? Meaning what, Johnathan. Are you being...Hurt at home?"

Johnathan flinches and pulls his sleeves down to cover his hands. "No! No..But my dad was big on punishments I mean...We've all had it extremely bad."

"I could help. Find you somewhere to go, I mean you told me your oldest brother took off right? How'd that work?"

"My dad doesn't care who lives in the house. He just wants occasional drug money and shit done for him...Plus...they...they wouldn't even notice I'm gone."

Benjamin frowns. "I'm sorry. Really I am. Where's your mom at? Maybe we can ask her."

"N-No...I...I don't know. I haven't seen my mom since I was a kid. I don't know where she is."

"Okay...I'm sorry."

Johnathan brings his hand up to wipe his tears and nods. "I-I'm sorry. You barely know me a-and...my brother is a fucking asshole and ... I've been staring at you for weeks l-like a fucking weirdo and I-."

Benjamin shakes his head. "Hey...Stop doing that to yourself, okay? I'm happy to help, always. How about you come over after school? Try and find you somewhere to go?"

"I-I can't...I have to help Katen out with something for our dad..b-but him and my brother and dad are going out of town this weekend so maybe then?"

"Okay. Uhm...Do you want my number or anything? They don't go through your phone or anything."

Johnathan smiles and shakes his head. "N-no...They don't."

Benjamin smiles, reaching into his bag and grabbing his phone. "Then let's exchange numbers. Oh, and by the way, I'm glad you're accepting yourself. I know how hard it is. You're doing great."

Johnathan smiles back and nods.

*
Noah smiles, reaching over to grab Benjamin's thigh, squeezing it once. "Look at you being a mentor and shit."

Benjamin giggles and him and rolls his eyes. "Look at you being my personal bodyguard."

Noah's eyes flicker up and down at Benjamin's body, nodding. "Well with a body like yours, I'm thinking it's necessary."

Benjamin blushes. "Shut up."

Noah lets out a sigh and shrugs. "So? You wanna get some food?"

"I thought you have a family dinner to go to? Shouldn't you save room for the food?"

"Bebe, you've been with me for almost six months and can't tell that I'm an eater. I love food. I consume like six meals a day."

Benjamin giggles. "Fine. Let's go get some food."

*
Johnathan walks into his house, setting his bag down and walking to the kitchen to grab a beer.

Katen and his brother Jeremy walk in together. Katen sets some mail down on the table, shaking his head. "Where the fuck were you, Johnny?"

Johnathan looks up and furrows his eyebrows. "Huh?"

"After school, dickhead. You were our fucking ride. Hate to get a ride from that bitch Hayley."

"Aren't you dating her?"

Katen shakes his head, grabbing his pack of cigarettes off the table. He puts one in between his lips. "Just fucking." Katen lights the cigarette and sits down at the table.

Jeremy smiles. "I get her next."

Johnathan rolls his eyes. Katen snickers. "What's wrong, Johnathan? You want her too?"

"No. I don't. That's...Gross. Passing her around like that."

Katen rolls his eyes. "Whatever, fag boy. Bet you don't want her cause you're a fucking fairy."

Johnathan shakes his head. "Leave me alone." Johnathan stands up, grabbing his beer.

Katen turns in his seat, smiling. "So you are a faggot? Haven't denied it."

"I'm not, Katen. Leave me alone."

"Then prove it. Prove that you're not gay." Katen stands up, walking over to Johnathan. "Unless you want me to tell dad?" Katen blows the cigarette smoke in Johnathan's face.

Johnathan shakes his head, grabbing his keys off the counter. "I don't have to prove anything to you, bitch."

Katen chuckles. "Look who put on his big boy pants. Finally becoming a man, aren't you?"

Johnathan rolls his eyes, walking out the house and slamming the front door shut. He gets in his car and looks down at his hands which were shaking.

He shakes his head and starts his car, beginning to cry. He wipes his tears when his dad hits the car door. Johnathan quickly and opens the door.

"The fuck you think you're going? Get your ass in the house, didn't I tell you I needed your help with something. Now, Johnathan!"

**
Benjamin walks downstairs, just had gotten off the phone with Noah.

"Hey, mom. Can Noah come over tomorrow? Just to hang out a little after school?"

"Sure, honey. You guys gonna watch a movie or something?"

"Yeah. We're gonna go to the store to rent a movie and probably get some snacks."

"Cool."

Benjamin smiles and sits down at the island, swinging his legs. "Hey, mom? I need advice."

Olivia sets her oven mitts down and nods. She turns around from the food. "What's up, honey? You okay?"

"Mhm. There is this guy and he...He's scared to come out cause his dad is like...extremely homophobic and...He needs somewhere to go."

"Oh. You want him to stay here?"

"I mean, that's not our first option, I hardly know the guy. But, he's coming over Friday so we can try to talk...About...potential situations."

"Okay, honey. That's okay. The guest bedroom is always available, you know? Remember, your friend Elly stayed over one night after a fight with her mom."

"I know, I know. I just...This is gonna sound crazy but...It's Katen's brother."

Olivia stands up straight and shakes her head. "Benjamin Alexzander-."

"I know, mom. I know but...He's completely different. A-and Katen hasn't messed with me in weeks. Not with Noah and Lucas around."

"And this isn't that weird family fucking with you? Cause Benjamin I've about had it with him, and that school doing nothing, and his fuckface of a father."

"I promise, mom. Just..Trust me, okay?"

"Fine. But I wanna be here Friday when he comes over. Got it?"

"Yes, mama." Olivia nods and lets out a sigh. She turns back to the food she was making.

*