Chapter 12: Nice to meet you, Miss Xia

Jenny was so frustrated and was just about to leave when suddenly she heard the voice and turned around. Jenny caught sight of the speaker at once. There was a woman standing in the hall of the building and staring at Jenny. This woman was the roommate of Jenny Xia in college, her name was Qin Zou.

As soon as Jenny saw her, she smiled and said in surprise, "What are you doing here, Qin?"

Qin Zou waved her hands to Jenny and said, "Come in, please."

Jenny couldn't believe it. She hesitated for a while and glanced at the guards. She didn't expect that the guard would make a "Please come in" posture to her.

Afterward, Jenny stepped into the hall of Changsheng Group with great excitement and surprise.

After entering the hall, Jenny saw the I.D. badge on the neck of Qin, it turned out that Qin was the Resource Head of the company. No wonder that she had the authority to let Jenny in.

"Qin, I didn't expect you would be the Resource Head of Changsheng Group, that's impressive." Jenny was filled with envy.
Qin said proudly, "Just so you know, it's all my husband's credits. I got this job in Changsheng Group thanks to him."

Speaking of her husband, Qin deliberately put quotes around it. When they were in college, Qin couldn't compare with Jenny from all aspects. Jenny was then pretty and rich. She was the famous beauty in the school. As for Qin, she was just 'someone around Jenny', serves as a foil to Jenny. It looked like they were best friends. They were roommates after all so they are always together wherever they go. But the truth was, Qin actually hated Jenny because Jenny covered all her merits, making her unnoticed. When Jenny was around, everyone would pay attention to Jenny and neglect Qin's existence completely. This was a blow for Qin's vanity and pride.

After graduation, Qin made great efforts to marry a rich man. Although he was ten years older than Qin, she didn't care. Because he was rich and powerful, and that's enough for her.

Oppositely, Jenny Xia married a fool. When Qin heard about this, she couldn't be happier. She finally managed to beat Jenny for once. But she never got the chance to show off, because she hasn't met Jenny since graduation. What a coincidence, today she happened to see Jenny outside her company getting kicked out by the guards. Of course, she wouldn't miss such a great opportunity.

Jenny didn't catch the hidden intent in Qin's words. She just felt a little bit depressed when hearing about Qin's marriage. After all, she has a foolish husband who couldn't help her anyway. She just replied unhappily, "I really admire you."

Seeing Jenny's sad expression, Qin was very happy but on the outside, she pretended to be friendly, she said to Jenny, "Have a seat, please."

While speaking, Qin led Jenny to the special sofa for guests in the hall.

"Two cups of coffee, please." As soon as they sat down, Qin ordered the receptionist. Things were totally different from years ago. Now Qin was really decent and proud.

After the coffee was served, Qin opened her mouth and asked Jenny, "I heard that you married a fool, this can't be true right?" This news was already spread everywhere, Qin knew it very well, but she pretended to be surprised. Jenny was shameful. She but her lips and answered, "Sorry, I don't want to talk about this."

Qin pursued, "I just want to know, it must be easy for you to find a good husband with your condition, why did you choose a fool as your husband?"

Jenny was so ashamed that she even wanted to dig a hole and bury herself at the moment. She didn't want to face such a sharp question. This has always been a pain for her which was the reason why she dare not meet with her old friends and classmates. Now Qin wouldn't let her go, it made her feel so miserable. She said bitterly, "Let's skip this topic."