Chapter 21: A Splendid Scene

At 10 A.M , in the big villa of the Xia family. The people of the Xia family set out in full force and gathered in the big villa. With Xinlei Cai being the host and to be held in the Breeze dining, this feast was one in a million and was extremely rare.

The people of the Xia Family were all beautifully and gracefully dresses up, especially the ladies who were even more attractive and impressive than flowers.

As soon as Jenny and Guilan showed up, they became the focus of the party. They neither dress themselves up elaborately nor did they look decent because Jenny's eyes were red and swollen.

"Guilan, what's wrong with you two? Don't you know my son-in-law to be is going to entertain us? Why do you still look so miserable and shabby?" It was Julia's mother Yuzhen Xiong talking.

Guilan was on the edge of breaking down and she was so jealous off Yuzhen Xiong's good fortune that when she heard her saying so, she immediately fought back, "he's your son in law to be, not mine. Why should i dress up? What's he to me?"

Yuzhen Xiong said angrily, " Xinlei Cai is such a big shot that meeting him would cost you your whole life's good fortune. You wouldn't even put something nice on? No wonder you have a stupid son-in-law!"

" Yeah, both of you are dressed as if you were in a funeral. Who do you want to disgust?"

" The old lady shouldn't have informed them of this party. It seems that all they can do is to put shame on the Xia family."

Many people blamed along, as if Jenny and Guilan were some unforgivable heinous sinners. Apparently they help Yuzhen with a  purpose. They thought, with such an excellent son-in-law, she must blossom with his help in the future. Thus, having a good relationship with her now was of great significance. Guilan was hopelessly outnumbered. Mean had she always been but she couldn't even talk back at this moment.

In such noise, the old lady came out holding Julia's hand. Everyone was silent. Obviously the Julia today had become her favorite granddaughter, holding Julia was like holding her heart in hand.

On arriving the hall, the Old Lady said joyfully, "My grandson-in-law Xinlei Cai is the most favored son in the Cai family. It's our Xia family's great honor to be entertained today by him.  So I hope everyone could behave yourselves and don't embarrass the family. Do you hear me?"

"Yes madam." They answered.

" Come over here, Jenny." Looking at Jenny, the old lady said. Jenny walked up to her grandma, with her head lowered down. Staring at Jenny, the Old Lady said unhappily, "Look at you Jenny. You yourself are in good condition. Even if you don't want the Wang Family, it won't be difficult for you to find another rich family. Why are you still in marriage with Andy Wu? What can he do except putting a shame on our family?" Jenny didn't make a sound with her mouth closely shut.

With a pause, the Old Lady continued, " I shall ask Xinlei Cai to introduce some single friends of his and if there's really someone good, you need to get a divorce with Andy Wu immediately." By doing this, the Old Lady was not really thinking for Jenny's good, instead, she had enough of Andy and was afraid this fool might cause trouble for the family again.

Jenny had been exhausted emotionally and physically. Her mood had been moving up and down as well. It's like when you finally saw some hope, you got desperate again instead, like falling into the hell and not able to move. She realized that if she planned to spend her whole life with Andy, she would be in this hell forever. But how could she dump him again while she was just telling him to be together the other day.
Jenny's heart was about to shatter. She didn't know what to do,  nor did she know how to answer her Grandma.