Chapter 35:

Chapter 35:

Beth's View

Laying in Daryl's chest in bed, it's already been three weeks since Daryl agreed to have children. We've just got done with sex and he is still in me as he plays with my hair and make small circle with my finger on his chest. I snuggle closer to his chest and smile.

"What are you thinking about?" He asks me as he kisses my head.

"Our baby." He shakes his head and I look up and kiss him.

"Honey, yer not even pregnant yet." He chuckles and stretches his fingers wide across my back and I look up at him, resting my chin on my hand.

"No, not technically...but I this this one will do it, cause I'm completely filled. And I'm just think about our baby when we do get pregnant." I kiss him and he just pulls me tight.

"Okay, I'll bite. What about our baby?"

"Well the most obvious question. Will we have a little boy or a little girl?"

"Boy." I furrow my eyebrows at him.

"And why won't it be a little girl?"

"Honey I'm a Dixon. Dixon's only have boys." He says factually.

"Bullshit!"

"No, really. All Dixon's only carry the Y chromosome."

"Oh really?"

"Yer skeptic. I understand but follow me on this. My great great Grandfather Mingus Dixon, married a woman, had three sons. The last one passed at birth and the second died as a cop. Th surviving one, my great grandfather, was Shamus. Shamus married a woman named Olivia and had two sons, Robert and Matthew. Matthew died in the war and Robert married Roberta. He and Robert had Will, my father, and my uncle Jess. Jess never got married, but my dad had Merle and I. Thus a family line of boys on the Dixon side. So honey, we're having boys." He smiles proudly and I shake my head.

"Whatever...I'm gonna laugh when we have a girl."

"You can dream, Jitter Bug. I'll give ya that."

"Alright, since we're having boys I think..."

"Was that plural? Boy-sss?"

"Yes...We're at least having two kids Daryl." He lays his head back down and groans.

"I said try for a-baby. A means 1. So there for we will have 1 boy." He tries to get technical with me, but I shake it off.

"Daryl, we will be having two kids. 1 kid will mean it will be bratty and have 1 child syndrome. I will not have that, so we must have two."

"What if we have twins the first time? There's yer two."

"Nope that only really counts as one birth." He throws his head back.

"But what if we have 1 boy the first time and the second time you get pregnant it's twins!"

"Then we'll have to have a third baby."

"Wha..what? No you'd have three kids right there. You wouldn't need to be pregnant for a third time."

"Yes. Cause you'd have the twins,who would be best friends and one who would be the third wheel so we'd have to have four kids. So we need to have four kids Daryl. Aww this will be so wonderful." He covers his eyes with his hand and just shakes his head.

"I get ya on the twin thing, but we are not having more than two kids unless you do have twins."

"So we will have four."

A Soldier's Girlजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें