part 27✨

After that talk with ushijima i was a bit on edge because aiko was gonna call me, i got dressed and just wore a cheeta print dress with some sneakers. Boys practice game was first and i also had to make. run to the hospital once Aiko called. All the boys were in the gym and i walked in but i was on my phone, all the girls were already in there because i woke up late. All of a sudden somebody yelled "WATCH OUT Y/N", i looked up and saw the ball heading right for me. It was about to hit my makeup and i was NOT about to let that happen, i just caught it but it kinda hurt. I said "who's ball was it", and everyone just looked at me, Hinata said "HOW DID YOU CATCH THAT IT WAS OIKAWAS SPIKES". I laughed and said "damn oikawa that serve was awful", he rolled his eyes and iwa started laughing. Ushijima was on bleacher waiting for them to play i sat next to him and kissed him, he kissed me back and asked why i was all dressed up. I told him the test results would determine if i would have to go to the hospital or not. His face went pale and i said "oh stop it you baby", he rolled his eyes and said "y/n this is serious" his tone was firm.

I said "i know but lighten up i'm sure all will be fine and if i have something i'll get it taken care of". He hugged me and didn't let go not even a little bit while we were watching the game. He was scared and i could feel it in his body movements, i mean to be honest i'd be scared to lose the love of my life too. Right before the last set ended my phone rang.... ushijima looked at me with worry in his eyes, i walked out and answered the phone. I said "hello" i heard aiko crying, i said "hey aiko what's wrong tell me what's up". She said i needed to get to the hospital now, like she was crying and frantic.. i didn't know what to think anymore. I hung up and told coach and she nodded and started running, i looked at ushijima and ran up to him and hugged him. I didn't wanna let go but i knew i had to... it broke me little by little as each second went by.

I let go and looked and him and i couldn't even hide my face at this point, i ran back to the door. I saw Kags on the bench and i passed him and nodded at him, he automatically knew the outcome. I looked at ushijima and said "love you i'll be back", he said "love you more". My heart broke and coach was rushing me, i didn't wanna leave i was finally getting used to it. That's when my breathing was getting a bit too heavy, in the parking lot i vomited like crazy. Maybe i had ignored the signs and waited too long, please don't tell me this was the end of my life. I had so much to do with ushijima like graduate and have kids and whatever else, i sat in the car with my head back.

I went in and aiko was rushing me into a room, i got there and she started hooking me up to the iv. She sat down once she was done and said you have addison's disease, but you can't get rid of it a life long thing. I just sat there i couldn't say anything, coach was crying and i was just shocked, she said that i was in the worst stage so that's why she needed me now. They are putting in some nutrients in me so that i wouldn't pass out, aiko said "you have to take a pill in the morning and at night or when your feeling weak. That pill will slow down and decrease the disease but it won't ever leave, you can live normal life but these pills are really important. I sobbed into aikos arms and she said i could be discharged later they just needed me to do this iv tasks so that the pills could work.

I was gonna live but this disease changed a lot of things, i had to make sure my pills were up to date and working. And i would still get sick if my body didn't want whatever i put in it, i felt nothing. After about 2 hours they gave me my pills and i was free to go, my makeup was smudged from crying i didn't wanan go back. We arrived back and i put my things down and went to Kenma and Kuros room, out of all of my brothers they understood me. Of course i would have gone to ushijima but he's worried enough as it is, i needed my brothers right now. It was time for the girls to play but i wasn't in the mood, the boys went to take showers and i just waiting in their room. They walked in and were shocked to see me, i was just sitting in the corner with my head in my knees.

Kuro sat next to me and so did Kenma, they knew that the outcome was bad. They knew i was strong but i would only come to them when i was complety at my breaking point. Kuro said "come here" and i just laid in his shoulder and cried, i don't remember how long i cried for but i woke up laying on Kenmas lap. He was just quietly playing on his nintendo switch, i was out for a while so when i woke up the sun was setting. I didn't wanna face anyone so i just stayed in Kenmas lap and watched him play the game, he eventually realized i was awake and sat me up. He said "i know it sucks but your gonna live if you do what they say, it's not the end of the world", i said "i don't want it to slow me down i'm already behind because of last week, not to mention that there are so many unknowns with this disease".

I started sobbing again and Kuro walked in and said "kenma i'm gonna kick your ass you were supposed to make her feel better", i wiped my tears and said "kuro if you kick kenmas ass i'm gonna kick yours too". We all laughed and he sat down next to us we all just watched and movie and slept again. When i woke up this time i was in ushijimas room, i got up a bit cranky because i was hungry. I sat up and rubbed my eyes and ushijima was sleep but he was attached to my waist. I moved him and he woke up and i said "go back to sleep i'll be right back", he was half sleep so he just turned around and went back to sleep.

I went to my room and took my pills, i checked my phone and realized it was 3am. I had been sleeping for so long i wasn't tired, i took a shower and put on a white nike sports bra with some army green spandex. I went to the gym and stretched i also threw on some headphones just to block out any sounds, by time i got finished stretching it was 4am. I started spiking balls and making sure i could do power spikes on each hand, it felt good to be at least back to normal a little bit. I kept trying to hit serves right inside of the line but it always went out, i screamed DAMMIT. I turned my music up louder and just kept spiking i didn't stop or take a break at all, i couldn't i had to get back to myself. I had to stay in the top 3.

After another missed ball i sat on the ground going over my form when i felt bad, damn i had to vomit. I ran to the bathroom but i didn't let it bother me too much, i knew it was bound to happen. I'm sick sadly but what can i do about it, nothing. I went back to the gym and kept practicing, my form was off i was standing right but my power spot was off. I couldn't figure out why so i decided to do my power spot drills but it kept just bouncing off angle. Somebody sat next to me and just sat there, i couldn't tell who it was but i didn't care. I wasn't gonna be in the top three if i was sick, i don't know anymore. The person pulled their arms out for a hug and i looked up and it was Akaashi, he looked at me with a pity face.

He held me and said "y/n your gonna be fine you just have to get back to your rhythm but if you push yourself you never will." i sighed and said "i have to stay in the top 3 and i cant if i'm sick Akaashi, my body won't be able to handle it i can barely handle what i'm doing now. I feel awful right now like i just need to sleep forever." He held me tighter and said "later at the pool me and you are gonna create a list of things you can do to get better along with a schedule on how to manage your sickness." i smiled and said "yeah that's a good idea, thank you kaashi". He let me go and said "you better not call me that around anyone i hate that name, you have special privilege with that name". I laughed and said "can set some to me please kaashi?", he smiled and grabbed a ball.

We played for like 30 mins until everyone started rolling in, i thanked him and went up to coach. I told her about my power spot was off and she said she would help me during the transition between boy and girl games. I thanked and but i decided it was time for another pill since i was feeling bad, i walked to my room and shut the door. I was taking my pills when there was a knock at the door, i told them to come in and it was kags. I said "hey kageyama what's up", he said "hey how are you feeling, sorry i haven't checked up lately i just-". I cut him off and said "it's not your job but thank you for looking out for me, i really appreciate it", "no problem but how are you really... aiko told me". My smile faded and i said "if i'm being honest i hate being sick i feel weak a lot and i have to push myself like crazy, and if i keep getting weak i'm not gonna be in the top three". He chocked and said "YOUR IN THE TOP 3 IN THE NATION".

~to be continued~