part 53✨

Everything was in slow motion but then something popped into mind, it was me and ushijimas second year. He was helping me practice and he said "don't thjnk off the top of your head, think fast but carefully. like for instance if the ball looks it's it's heading to the corner go, but watch it carefully. If it's curving it's usually out but if it's straight it knows where it's going, always remember that y/n". I snapped back into it and my team was yelling get it, but the ball was curving. I just stood there for a quick second and Mikasa yelled "Y/N GET THE BALL".

I watched it's every move and when it circled right outside the line the entire crowd gasped, everyone was for sure it was out. The whistle blew that was the game. We won we really won, i stood there in shock for a second, if my judgment would have been off we would have lost. All the girls ran up to me congratulating me and i just stood there, i couldn't move all of that pressure scared the hell out of me. Just then i had a sharp pain in my head but i brushed it off but the dizziness got progressively worse.

I walked to the court to wish the fukaradoni team good luck, on the walk back to the bench my legs grew a lot weaker. And that's when the room started spinning, last thing i could remember was saying "coach i don't feel good". I woke on the bus and coach said "good morning", i said "water please" she handed me some water and i chugged it like crazy. She said "you had a pretty bad fall back there", i said "don't tell me i passed out". She said "yup right in front of the girls court it was kind of embarrassing but due to you not drinking your vitamin water your electrolytes were down". I said "shit i totally forgot i had to drink those before games", she said "don't let it happen again the board doesn't even want you to play against Nekoma tomorrow".

I said "i'll go home and rest asap", she said "good now make your speech because we are almost at the school". I gave the after game speech and went into a little more detail about Nekoma and told them it was going to be a VERY close game". They were nervous because we aren't the top school team Nekoma is, and it's gonna be hell to try to beat them. I said "don't get all nervous now be confident and ready", they all agreed and we all went home. Me and ushijima were exhausted and didn't even change we sat on the couch to watch a movie and dell asleep almost instantly. My alarmed and i hopped up and ran to the shower, i got dressed super fast today and woke ushijima up.

We were rushing today because we were gonna get there's just a bit early today so we had time to see what the hell they were planning. We basically ran to the school and when we got there lots of us were they already. About 15 mins later everyone arrived and we loaded the bus, me and Mikasa were going over plays and just any strategy for when they switched people out. We weren't so much worried on their tricks because they were easy to spot, but they knew who was the weakest so they were always a target. All of my girls were strong and talented but some of them weren't... well i don't know how to put it but you know what I mean. Anyway we got there and Mai ran up to me and hugged me, i hugged her back but on the inside i was screaming.

How is she so clam right now when she's going up against me, like literally HOW. Anyway we wished each other good luck and i stretched with the girls, but they were really quiet. I said "what are you girls hiding because i will find out and when i do i won't be happy". Cho said "i don't know if i'm speaking for myself or not but i'm really scared, i mean they are the top team and we are third so how... just how". I said "i really wanna win but win or lose just make sure you put your best out there because if we win this we're going to nationals". We finished stretching and i was talking to Kenma and Kuro for a little just kind of updating them on my life. They were happy to see me doing well, and finally after some talking the time came.

"Game time ladies let's do our best and stay focused and hydrated, i'm gonna be upset if we lose but once i get over it i will never stop telling you how proud of am of every single one of you". We all found our spots and the game started as usual, the tricks weren't working as well but i knew they had something up their sleeve. All of a sudden Mai came to the court but she was in setter spot which meant they were gonna pull some kind of quick attack. But it was only first years, she must have elites like i do, shit shit shit i thought this better not throw them off. I randomly called a time out and all the girls gathered up, i said "look with Mai on the court pay close attention to her eyes and movements. she's planning something with the first years but i can't pinpoint it".

That's when yoshi said "she's planning one of those attacks where she fakes to set it to one person and the then the back spot will hit it".  I said "how did you know that", she said "mai is the only one out of those dumb ass girls who can set perfectly to whoever she likes". I said "damn yoshi good eye any other observations", Cho and Tori both said "that first year in the front". They stopped and Tori said "that first year shes like bokuto she gets mad if the ball she came in contact with doesn't fall on our side of the court". Cho said "then after that shs loses her focus and thinks that she's a failure or something but she spikes herself out". I said "you guys are talented now mikasa what's your solution", she said "keep an eye out for Mai and aim for that first year but the on in the back use hand signs for".

I said" alright ladies we are almost done with the first set but this is you guys play ground use this set as an opportunity to see how you can handle this". They agreed and out they went and of course we lost but after a lot of yelling and pointers the first tears were ready. But now it was time to put in Azumi and Mikasa which was bound to throw them off becsuse they said they were working on a surprise. All of a sudden that sneaky first year in the back tried to hit the ball hit the ball and it came over. Azumi was supposed to set it but she hit it... WAIT SHE DID SET IT OH MY GOD. I screamed when the ball hit Nekoma court, all the girls were so shocked but then even the crowd erupted in cheers.

To break it down Azumi looked like she was about to block it but in a split second she flicked her arms back which sent the ball to the Libero. But then at lightning speed Mikasa ran and pushed the libero out of the way and used all her strength to hit the ball to the other side. And it was so powerful that it was a REAL quick attack and that was the most exciting thing. I was super happy about it but i was also like how the hell did they do that, i said "YEAH LADIES LETS DO THIS NOW GAME ON". The set kept going on and Nekoma looked frustrated but i knew Mai had something for me. Weather we were friends or not a game is a game and it's both of our third years. Well to hell with it we won second set but now it's time to put me in.

~to be continued~