Part 55✨

The weekend was good we took a break and now here we are preparing for nationals. This whole week was prepping and the next week was nationals and then Friday was Christmas Eve! School went on per usual and I pushed the girls and myself to the very limit, we started with conditioning and constant practice rounds using all of our new skills because we couldn't afford mess-ups. At the end of practice, we did hill runs to just kill us even more, that was EVERY DAY. By Friday we are all super tired and exhausted it was a long week, for the weekend I called in the first years so I could work with them individually with the coach. I did that for the second years on Sunday, me and Niko practiced with the second years too.

After the longest week of my life, it was here, nationals. We arrived at the school that Wednesday and walked in like the bad bitches we are. We set our stuff down and began to practice, it was awfully silent with the girls. Mikasa was mentally preparing herself and Yoshi was trying to calm down Cho and then Kumi and Toru started going over stuff with each other which turned into an argument. I pulled Kumi and Tori to the side and said: "listen, ladies, I will bench the fuck out of you too if you don't stop arguing this is not the time". They were so shocked they didn't say anything, I said "do I make myself fucking clear because if I see so much as an eye roll I will bench you right the hell now". They nodded and I shooed them away, I got everyone calm and gave a speech and about doing our best. You know same old same old.

The whistle blew and it was Aoba johsai's ball, my heart was racing because they were quick and fast. She served at lightning speed like me but she liked to play mind games so she gave looks to who she was aiming at. And of course, it had to be Yoshi that girl was the most innocent thing ever, she was shy and quiet and I'm guessing the girl caught on. The girl on Aoba johsai served it right next to Yoshi but that's when Yoshi screamed "ITS MY BALL DONT FUCKING TOUCH IT". I gasped and Yoshi received it to Azumi who gave it to Mikasa, we got the point and I said: "Woah that was amazing Yoshi". Her cheeks got really red because she was embarrassed but it was fine we were all proud of her. She stood her ground and made an effort where it was needed.

The set went on but it was really long we just kept receiving and keeping the ball in the air. I was getting pissed and put Niko in the game, that didn't phase Aoba johsai though. Either they did their studying on us or they just had no emotion, I was talking to the coach when some random first year served it and the smack was LOUD. I snapped my head and yelled "it's now or never ladies", Yoshi was about to receive it when Niko jumped at lighting speed. I said "what the hell is she doing", that's when she pulled a crazy-ass setter dump that made the other team stop moving. The whole gym was silent when Nikos's feet hit the ground, then all of a sudden the crowd went wild. I wasn't doubting Niko but damn that was quick.

And that was set number 1 we won, we all grouped up and talked during the break. Everyone knew their jobs and what they had to do. The game went on for hours and hours and it had finally got to the last set, we were all exhausted and beat. Aoba johsai was even getting slower but something snapped in me and I said ": Ladies this is our last time so we have to make every second count". That must have encouraged them because we were playing really well, but all of a sudden they put that damn first year back in and now we were back caught up at points. Now the crowd and everyone went silent, it was two points away from the victory.

Everyone went from tired to hyped up and now it was just pressure and nobody on this team did well under pressure unless they knew about outcomes. So I had a little trick up my sleeve and said: "Well it's my last game and if we lose I'm gonna be pissed at you guys and if you guys lose that makes all of that hard work for nothing". They were lost but then realized that that was literally the most honest thing I've ever said, I knew that first year's every move. I was tailing her to the last point and I wasn't giving up, it was game point baby so I'm about to show everyone what I'm made of.

Oh that dumb bitch liza trying to steal my boyfriend and that first year coming for Yoshi and my parents and life damn. I saved a girl's life and helped these girls through hell and back but my job with them will never be finished until the day I die. So I'm gonna show Aoba Johsai what f/n l/n is made of. Aoba Johsai served and Azumi received it easily so then it went to Niko and that's when I saw that first year saying I got this. I had power serves for days there was no way she could block this one, I winked at Niko and instead of setting it to our regular spot, she set it behind her.

I went out of bounds and saw the first year had caught on and she was good at eye movements and at that moment I shut my eyes. I heard Niko say "What the hell is she doing", I hit it but flicked it just enough out of reach for that first year and when I saw the ball had hit the floor on their side I knew I won. The crowd went insane and it was so loud and I was so happy and it was just so many emotions, we congratulated the other team and that was it. That first year was crying so I went over to her and said: "You have a lot of potential I see it in you and I don't say that to people I don't train".

She said "Now I see why your number 1," I said, "Work hard play hard girlie but I see you in the future being in my spot so keep up the good work". She smiled and with that, we got on the bus and headed home the boy's game was gonna be a while because somebody on Aoba Johsai got hurt. I fell asleep on the bus and gave a simple speech about how we did it and we won, they were exhausted and I said: "After Christmas is the third year leaving party so that's the next time I will see you guys but I'll be in touch". I let all of them go and I went home and took a shower and slept and when I woke up it was 2 am, Ushijima wasn't here so I went to the couch and saw him sitting there.

I said "Babe what are you doing its 2 in the morning- WAIT DID YOU WIN", he said, "Babe I'm Wakatoshi Ushijima of course I won". I screamed for joy and jumped into his lap and he was just watching highlights from his first year and all night we watched those and mine and laughed like crazy. I was exactly where I wanted to be and now it was time for college and bigger and better things. I woke up that next morning from lots of calls and messgaes about the win and so did Ushijima, all day we were answering calls and messages. And now it was Christmas time, I was excited now because well i'm about to put all of this behind me and begin a new life with the love of my life.

~To be continued~