part 39✨

It's been a month since my parents died, it's been hard but i'm a bit used to it now. I have my dream team and i'm still number 1 in my division, i have amazing friends and a great boyfriend. School was tomorrow so me and the girls team decided to go shopping, i was still a bit on the quieter side but it was ok. Over the last month i just focused on volleyball, ushijima, and drawing- it was the only thing that eased the pain. I got dressed and me and the girls went shopping all day, those bags were so heavy i don't even know how our arms weren't hurting. I went home and packed my school bag and was just getting ready, i went downstairs to pack some breakfast that we could take on the go. I did my typical night routine and headed to sleep, i had terrible nightmare about my parents. The nightmares started happening after they died, i went to the doctors and they gave me some pills to help but they barely did.

It was around 3 and after the nightmare i couldn't sleep, i went for a run and came back in like 2 hours. Whenever i had something on my mind i ran it just kind of helped me burn myself out, i went back home and took a shower. I threw on my uniform and did my makeup, i decided to curl my hair. I put my shoes on and grabbed my bag, me and the girls are breakfast and walked to school. Summer break was eventful so i was little glad to get back to school, i was also a captain so i was happy. I got there and of course the boys were waiting for us, i kissed ushijima and we all walked to class. Since we were all third years we all were in the same classes all day, third years had the third floor so we just chilled. The first day of school was really easy it was more of a setttling in day. I was in and out of class because my first year girls got lost so i was helping them out, with school practice days changed. Practice was every day from 3-5 and on weekends we got to chill, some random saturday coach would call us for a conditioning practice too.

Me and ushijima were together 24/7 we had the same classes and we were both captains. After games we would go back to his house and some days after practice he would come over. I became a lot quieter so he could easily lay in between my legs reading while i drew and sung to the music. Most times we just slept because volleyball killed us, my parents death changed a lot but it also drew me and ushijima closer. Next week was our one year and the week after that was our birthday week, on our birthday week we had a training camp to go to. Basically all the captains and vices got to go to other schools and train them, we chose Nekoma and Nekoma chose us. We we're pretty excited to work with some new people and show them how shiratorizawa does it. The downside was it was on our birthday week so we could celebrate too much, but it was fine we were together so it's all that mattered. I was officially a third year, team captain and number one in my division. All of my hard work is dedicated to my parents all of it, i don't know where i would be without them.

I clutched the necklace while sitting in class i was drowning out the teacher because i was thinking, i was so focused and holding the necklace i didn't feel Niko tapping me. Class had ended and the whole way to the next class i wasn't clutching the necklace. All of my success was because of this necklace without it i wouldn't be able to go on, i was walking to the next class when Ohira came up to me and was like "y/n you have to come see this". Oh no what could possible have happened now, on the way down the the first floor i heard a lot of commotion. That's when i say Kumi and Tori yelling in each other face, oh hell no i was pissed. I walked up to them just as tori was about to swing and i grabbed her arm and said "try it i fucking dare you tori". Her eyes widened and she put her arm down, she went around me and tried to hit kumi. I grabbed her but her arm got caught on my necklace, the necklace fell and i froze. Niko gasped and the whole hallway fell silent.

I picked the necklace up and put it in my pocket and laughed and said "kumi and tori meet me in the gym right after school and so help me god if i beat you there-". They cut me off saying "yup got it" and ran to class, the rest of them were just standing there and i was pissed and said "shoo bitches nothing to see". I walked off and back to my classroom and sat down, nobody said a word to. I mean duh what were they going to say, im sorry about your necklace. Ew if somebody said that i would punch them in the face so hard, my leg started shaking and felt hot tears in my eyes. I didn't know if i was mad that they couldn't get over their issues and broke the necklace or just sad that it was the first time it had come off since i got it. I wasn't gonna be mad at the girls they just needed a really big wake up call, they are so lucky i'm this nice of i would have been on their asses. Lunch came around and i just bought a vitamin water because i was dizzy, i just sat next to ushijima and put my head on his shoulder. I was beyond mad so there was nothing to say, i just drunk my water while everyone talked.

The school day went on and it was super normal but i was so pissed that i didn't say a word to anyone. After school came and i met up with the boys again, we all walked to practice and everyone was there. I started taking off my uniform because my practice clothes were under there. The new first years were all at the door staring and it grossed me out like ew in a third year. I threw my hair up and got everyone together, i was gonna call them out because that's what they deserved. I said "so as you all know we had a little incident today with the first years, and as you all saw my necklace was broken. To say i'm pissed is an undestatment because we don't fight each other we are a team, and not to mention that that necklace was my parents. Some of you know i wear that necklace because of my parents, but that's not the point. I'm pointing all of this out to let the both of you know if i EVER see anything like that your asses will be off this team faster than i blink my eye. You guys have so much potential becsuse i saw it in you guys the day you walked in here, so my word of advice is don't test me EVER again or all do that potential will go to waste".

Everyone was so shocked they didn't say a word, i told Mikasa to start warm ups while i sat down because i was a bit overwhelmed. Coach sat next to me and said "you ok? i'm guessing that was a bit hard to do, but i'm proud of you you stood your ground but kept it classy". I sighed and said "yeah i'm ok and gotta keep it classy" we laughed and i went back out to stretch with the girls. We were just doing typical practice when the girls pulled me aside, i wasn't as mad anymore so it was fine with me. They said "we're super sorry about your necklace and we will try to put our differences aside so that you can be proud of us and see our full potential". I started crying and i didn't even know where it was coming from, i pulled them in for a tight hug and sighed. I said "you guys are like my little sister and i don't wanna see you guys fight, now what i will say is that i can't wait to see you guys up to your full potential. And i am super proud of you guys, i proud to be your captain and team mate. We walked back drying my tears and i took a quick break, those kids are really something else.

Things were just falling back into place so i stepped out, and the tears wouldn't stop coming and i didn't know why. I was pulling myself together when ushijima walked up to me and the waterworks jsut started flowing. He hugged me and i started laughing, he was so confused and said "babe what's wrong i'm so lost here". I said "i'm just so proud of those girls i mean they are just really amazing people, i don't even know why i'm crying anymore". He laughed and said "you really have a thing for kids don't you, what about if we have some of our own". I choked and said "woah there babe we're not that far yet, i kissed his cheek and walked in. We practiced a bit more and we're doing really good, we all did our team handshake and called it a day. Me and Niko were gonna sleep at Tendous and Ushijimas house tonight. Sadly Sakura moved out once i was a bit better, she got her own place because she had to be close to her college. So it was just me and Niko but we didn't mind because we spent most of our time at ushis and Tendous place.

Anyway the rest of the week went by super quickly and ushijima took me to get my necklace fixed. Things were falling right into place and for once i felt an ounce of happiness since my parents were gone. I began to not shut people out, me and ushijimas on year was tomorrow so that made me super happy. I went and got him a gift basket, in the basket was a bunch of pictures of us, a watch he's been looking at and a picture of the day we met and a bunch of other little gifts. It was super cute and i also put in a couple of cute outfits i bought for him, the gift was so big i loved it. I got dressed and i decided i wanted to wear my hair straight today, me and Niko walked to school and met up with the boys. I walked up to him and gave him a hug and he said "happy one year babe", we kissed and Niko and Tendou were like "awwwwe the two love birds". We laughed and headed to class we sat in class, the teacher was all pissed off because all the couples are sitting on each other's lap.

We were all just messing  around since our first hour was just home room, me and ushijima just kept kissing and taking pictures. The teacher played some music and said she would be right back, i knew the song so i was quietly singing. But the room was kind silent so i didn't realize i was a little loud, i was just kind of scrolling through instagram while singing. I felt a bit sick so i went to the corner of the classroom and took my pills, i looked up and bunch of people were staring at me. I said "can i take my pills in peace", Niko was like "y/n i didn't know you could sing".  Oh so that's why they were staring at me hm i thought it was because of my pills, i said "hm i'm not sure i just kind of picked up the habit". Tendou said "your voice is amazing" i thanked him and sat back down with ushijima. I fell asleep in his lap and he ended up carrying me the next class, i woke up and it was almost time for lunch. He said "well good morning babe" i laughed and punched his shoulder, he kissed my forehead and we went to lunch.

~to be continued~