part 52✨

Prelims had officially started and we were excited but scared, if we lost even once that was it for us. So i was really hard on the girls but on weekends we would all come together and relax. So basically to sum it all up after prelims is Thanksgiving break and then there was nationals then Christmas. It was going to be an eventful two months, me and ushijima really didn't have free time anymore with all of the practice. We barely slept making sure plays were right and we were also keeping up with school, to say we were burnt out was an understatement. We were basically dead but me and ushijima weren't gonna give up that easily, we never gave up because together were end game.

Today was the first day of prelims we were up against Karasuno, this was either the beginning to victory or the end of it all. I wasn't gonna go down without a fight, not this time and not ever. The game started and i told the girls "this is what you worked for, all of the blood sweat and tears for this moment. if we lose we are done so make it count". The game started and i just had a simple line up, this one was a very simple but effective one. Karasuno did not come to play i was yelling at the girls like crazy and they got the hint. We won first set but we weren't done just yet, set two they put in once crazy ass ace and it was difficult to revive.

I had to replace and sub out like crazy just so the ball wouldn't hit the ground, the girls were tired and we lost second set. They were all so frustrated and i said "ladies it's time", they got excited because it was time to put me in. I stretched and got on the court and when i tell you that libero with me and Niko was not to be messed with. We also had a little secret coming up for game point but they didn't know that, they eventually figured out me and Niko were a pair. They were really confused when Kumi came in because they knew she was first year, me and her had been working on the crazy quick attack that would blowout anyone. We had made it to game point and everyone was on edge, if we messed this up that was it.

In my head all i could think was bend the jump then swing them hit then fall then watch then back on your toes. I didn't know if they would receive that i mean maybe but i didn't know, if they did i hoped it just went out but who knows. The game point was on and Mikasa hit a serve to the weakest spot, they had it but it was off they still managed to get it over. I said "work for everything you've got ladies", mikasa received it right to Kumi who set it to me on point. I took a deep breath and went through my steps, and i smashed it down at full force. I landed back on the floor and whistle blew, i realized my eyes were close and i opened them. The whole court was staring at me, i said "what the hell is everyone staring at", Kumi said "you-you just did-".

Niko ran up to me and said "you had your eyes closed how the hell-", i said "huh i did". I must have been really focused on what i was doing, hm that was weird but we did win. We were all excited and wished the other team good luck and that they did a good job. After that we hydrated and headed to the bus while waiting for the boys, they boys games always took forever. After about 30 mins they came out looking really defeated, my eyes widened and the bus went silent as they came in. I said "hi babe soooo how did it go", he said "we... lost", i was so frozen i think i went pale. All of a sudden all of the boys started laughing and said "were shiratorizawa of course we didn't lose".

I punched him and said "DONT DO THAT WHAT WAS I GONNA DO IF YOU DID LOSE", Niko chimed in and said "Tendou and Ushijima you guys are pure evil". They laughed and me and Niko agreed, on the bus ride home we all just kind of talked about stuff for tomorrow's game. Prelims were day to day so we had to be ready, when we got back it was dynamic stretching and ice baths. A lot went on for the rest of the day as it was kinda of just a time for us to get our bodies recharged. After all of that me and ushijima went home took our showers and a quick dinner and slept. I could barely sleep i maybe got 4 hours of sleep, i got up and took another shower. I put my hair into two braids and put my jumpsuit on.

I woke up ushijima and made breakfast and out the door we headed, we got there about an hour early and we were beyond tired. We met up with coaches and vices and went over some stuff for today's game, it was gonna be a lot harder than we thought. We had Fukaradoni next they were the third best team this year. I was a bit nervous but at the end of the day i don't have time for it, captains must keep their cool. Of god i wonder how Sakura felt, by the way sakura went to college so she's kind of gone. Anyway people started arriving and we started setting up, the game was at our court today. We couldn't lose on our own court right, if we did that would just be plain embarrassing.

We did the simple stretch and pep talk and made sure everyone was ready, me and my vice went to talk to the opposing vices and all went well. The game started and it was the same line up as last time, i wouldn't come in until their quarter. That was always the tactic, karasuno was just a sucky team. Fukaradoni and Nekoma were gonna be the hardest to beat hands down, but fukaradoni was known for really slick tricks and crazy ace abilities. This game had me nervous because not only were we up against someone with a similar skill set but ushijima had the boys. Akaashi and Bokuto were complete powerhouse and together, oh god hopeful ushijima got his shit together and was ready for this.

The first years were struggling and i called a time out, they were so frustrated what could i really say. After some quick thinking i said "is this how you wanna end it for us, the third years don't get a second chance do you really wanna mess this up". They nodded no so i said "then move your asses libero stay on your toes and blockers if your going to block it make sure it hits that damn ground". They agreed and they were a bit better but we still lost first quarter, i put the second years in for second set. There were still some first years but they were kind of irrevalent, anyway the second quarter was better but we were falling behind. But why i mean why do the girls seem like they aren't here, they need to pull their head out of their asses. I said "ladies if we messed this up we go home for good get your head out of your asses", that got them a bit afraid because i don't think i ever had such a serious tone.

Niko said "woah that was intense" i said "well we're up soon i need us leading". Finally the second the set was over and we won by a landslide, me and niko were in with the first and second years. The game was going good i knew all of their moves so i was on my toes the entire time, the girl were on their toes as well. Points were flying and there was lots of screaming and cheering, the adrenaline was running through everyone like crazy. About 30 minuets later it was game point this was make or break, it was my serve and of course it went over. Some first year who was ass at the game hit it right over and it was near me, but i couldn't tell if it was going to be in or out. Oh no... do i hit it or let it go? One wrong move and i messed up.

~to be continued~