Chapter 1: Prologue

I do not own Naruto.
I do not own the cover either.

~~~

"Shit! We're. . . going to die." Kushina said in pain as blood rushed her mouth. They were right right in front of the crying boy that they loved so dearly.

"Way. . . to state. . . the obvious." Minato says. He could feel every single organ and limb increase in pain as they slowly died out. The Kyuubi's sharp claws had impaled them just minutes before.

The married couple looked at their son in a pained expression on their faces. "I guess. . . we should. . . say our last words. . . huh?" Asked Minato as tears dropped from their eyes.

Kushina nodded in a teary manner and looked at the baby in front of them.

"Naruto. . . we're your parents. . . I'm. . . sorry for not being able. . . to be here when. . . you grow up." Kushina lets out a pained and sorrowful chuckle at the end.

"But, make friends. . . they don't have. . . to be many. . . just enough trustworthy. . . one. Haha." Kushina reached out to caress Naruto's face as she felt her life slowly slip away.

"Eat healthy. Don't. . . have an. . . addiction to. . . ramen like me. Eat h-healthy. . . lots of vegetables. . . you know. . . the things that. . . will make you. . . grow." Tears streamed out of their eyes.

"When. . . you get. . . a girlfriend. . . make sure. . . she's like m-me. . ." Kushina felt her body dying. Minato looked at Naruto with the same teary eyes as Kushina.

"I too. . . am sorry. . . for not being. . . here with. . . you while. . . you grow up." Minato said as he held his gaze towards Naruto. Streams of blood rushed out of their mouths. "I never. . . expected to. . . be dying. . . like this. I never did." Minato said painfully.

"You mother. . . she took what. . . I wanted to say. . . stay healthy. . . don't drink too. . . too much. Don't associate yourself. . . with Jiraiya-sensei. . . too much. But. . . he's a good person. . . Kakashi. . . you can trust him. . . he too is a. . . good person." Minato coughed up blood right after.

"We. . . love you. . . Naruto. Whatever path you take. . . we'll forever support it. No matter what." Minato told the crying Naruto as they slowly lost their grip on the strings of life.

Their bodies lowered onto the ground as they laid there. Absolutely lifeless.

As the two laid on their ground with their eyes closed and mouth in a thin and small smile, there was a person in the distance standing on a tree. His long, rigid and jet-black hair flowed through the night sky.

His Sharingan glowed brightly as he stood in the shadows. He looked around the placed. He had a sense of nostalgia looking at it.

It's been awhile since I was last here. Such a pity that I can't destroy it. The mysterious Uchiha thought as he disappeared and reappeared right in front of the crying Naruto.

"Hn. It seems to me that you have inherited the Uchiha blood that has been dormant in my son's blood. Those streaking black highlights speak for themselves." He observed Naruto.

The 8 Tri-Grams Seal.

It was a masterpiece. "My son is quite the Fuinjutsu specialist. Is he not? If only his Uchiha blood revealed itself to him." The man said as he slowly started to hear noises from the everlasting woods. "I'll be taking you." He says as he wrapped the blanket onto Naruto's body and disappeared from the shadows of Konoha.

You shall grace this Earth with just your presence. 'Cause I, Uchiha Madara, will train you in the ways of a god. The man that was now revealed to be Uchihs Madara thought.

~~~

Do you know the purpose of the thing called life? A boy with blond hair and black streaks thought as squatted down. He had his gaze focused on a dying animal. He was just about 5 years old.

Ironically enough, the animal was a fox.

'Cause I, Uchiha Naruto don't. I long for the thing that I thirst for, knowledge. But life, is a topic that I just can't ignore and overcome. I want to know. I need to know. Naruto thought as he looked at the dying fox in front of him.

Blood.

It was seeping out of its wound. "Do you have a. . . family? If so, would they hate the entity that attacked you?" Naruto asked with such dull and lifeless eyes.

"Humans. . . animals. . . we're alike. We may not be alike in terms of appearance, but we are alike in terms of behavior. Do you know what that means? There's many definitions for it. And each definition for it can work and apply to us." Naruto told the fox as he pulled out bandages.

"And since we're all alike, I'll help you. This may not help you much, but, you may last just a little bit longer." Naruto says as he wrapped the bandages around the bloodied fox.

"It might just be a little bit longer, but that's what separates you now and you later. You may die a minute or two later, but that's better than dying now. You know why? Because life is a gift. Remember those words." Naruto petted the fox in front of him.

"Now. Go." Naruto told the fox. The fox slowly limped away from the boy. As the fox limped away, Naruto saw the bushes rustle. He gained a look of disdain as he followed the fox.

And then, a wolf jumped out of the bushes and aimed itself towards the fox. Before he could even landed a dealing and finishing blow, Naruto threw a kunai.

It landed and pierced its flesh.

The said wolf had blood rush landed on the ground and fell over. Naruto walked over towards the wolf and squatted down like what he did with the fox.

"See? Now you know how the fox feels when it was targeted." Naruto with a distasteful tone. He kept his sharp eyes locked onto the wolf in front of him. It whimpered in pain. The wolf tried getting up and running away, but couldn't move. Naruto's sharp eyes became dull once more.

"Do you cherish and love your own life? Is that why you are trying to save yourself? Or do you love something else? Family perhaps? You do have a pack, right?" Naruto asked the wolf.

"You know, one time before this day had come, my grandfather took me to a place thar reeked with blood and corpses. There was a battle — no — a massacre of people that died. That was when I learned of the cycle of hatred. My grandfather spoke of it often, but never truly told me of its meaning." Naruto explained as he took out the kunai.

The wolf was already dead. Naruto had hit a vital organ. But he kept on talking.

"But, when I finally learned about it in that accursed day, I created a goal for myself. A way for me to test my own resolve — my absolute limits and capacity." Naruto told the dead wolf as he stood back up.

"To create eternal peace. But, to do so, I will have to conquer the 5 Great Nations."

~~~

DONE! This will be the prologue to Grace. I had quite the time writing this. I am quite excited to see how this plays out. I'll be continuing this fanfic once I am done with Slashed. I only need around 15 chapters left until then.

Will be done with that fanfic before Christmas. This is a NarutoxFemSasuke fanfic. If you don't like, just don't read. As simple as that.

This prologue is quite short, but the rest of the chapters from here on out will be containing over 2k words or more.

CYA next time.