Chapter 4: Shackles

~~~

Naruto snapped back into reality. He looking around at the destruction that he managed to do with their bodies. Shit. Naruto crashed down on the ground.

"What am I going to do?" Naruto asked himself, looking at his healed hands for a few seconds or so. After awhile, Naruto stood back up and went towards each of their unconscious bodies.

It suddenly started to rain.

Isn't it funny? The moment I tainted my hands, the world started to cry out its tears. Naruto lets himself get soaked by the tears of the world as he walked towards their unconscious bodies.

What's this? Naruto thought, catching sight of a piece paper that was inside of Toshi's holster. He squatted down to its level and picked it up. There were words written on the said paper.

Naruto scanned the words.

"Kill this boy." Naruto looked down and saw a picture of himself printed right on the piece of paper. He squeezed the damp and wet piece of paper — his eyes spinning wildly.

This handwriting. . . it's grandfather's. Naruto thought, ripping the piece of paper in shreds; his Sharingan was spinning wildly. He clenched his fists tightly and his hair overshadowed his azure eyes.

I see, grandfather. You think you can control me and my actions? I'm not like Obito — I don't get manipulated so easily. Thought Naruto, wiping off the water that threatened to enter his eyes.

Madara,you will never control me. I am the The Boy who Graced the Earth.

~~~

It has been another week or two since the incident happened. Yukari had been the one to ask the questions, even if Naruto didn't want the questions to begin with.

After that, they had never spoken of it ever again. Everything became normal once again. As of right now, Madara had given him another scroll for him to work on.

Tree-climbing exercise. Madara had said this would take me some time to accomplish; my chakra reserves are extremely high. Thought Naruto, looking up and down on the tree right in front of him.

He had also said to use a kunai to mark my progress. Naruto mused, holding a kunai tightly in his hand. Naruto had applied chakra to his feet and started to rush towards the tree. He jumped right onto it, but soon found himself thrusting one of his legs right through the tree.

Ow. . . Naruto thought, feeling the splinters hurt his leg. He slowly pulled his leg out of the tree. His eyes darted around his whole leg — there was a lot of splinters.

Naruto started to pluck them out, ignoring the pain that came along with it. Once Naruto was done with the plucking of the splinters, the Kyuubi did its work and healed his leg. He sighed had the Kyuubi alongside his heritage.

I was born gifted? No. No. No. I will never accept that. Naruto thought bitterly. Most people would be so happy to be have such fortune in life, but Naruto is not them. This is one of these instances where he was glad he had enormous chakra reserves.

If he were to be bale to do this exercise with relative ease, Naruto wouldn't know what to think. He tried doing the same thing by applying less chakra, then jumping right on the tree.

He slipped off.

~~~

It had been a month or two since he has done and completed the Tree-Climbing exercise. It had taken Naruto a few days before he finally managed to perfect it to the tee.