Chapter 6: Brother and Sister

~~~

Naruto had left the room and only Jiraiya and Hiruzen were left. They made eye contact before nodding towards each other. The twohad the same thought going through their heads.

"Do you think there's a possibility that he could be Minato's child?" Asked Jiraiya, speaking out his thoughts like usual. Hiruzen just sighed and took out his signature smoke pipe.

"I don't know. There is a huge possibility that he is; and another huge possibility that he is not," said Hiruzen in a truthful tone. He, too, was very confused at the sudden change of events.

"But look at the facts! He's 6-years old, had blond hair, his name is Naruto; and even has a birthday on October 10th! There's so much proof that it is him! The lost child of Namikaze Minato and Uzumaki Kushina." Jiraiya tried reasoning with Hiruzen.

"Sorry, Jiraiya. But there is also some proof that it's not Naruto also. There are black threads on this boy's hair, Minato nor Kushina had that. He was born outside of the village, like what the boy said. His surname is also different." Hiruzen tried locking down Jiraiya's theory.

"Sensei, that last part is utter bullshit. He or someone else could have easily changed his name." Hiruzen just lets outa puff of smoke out of his mouth and into the air above.

"True, but even though the positives are outweighing the negatives, the negatives are still present. As long as those negatives are there, you can't truly be 100% sure of your own answer." Hiruzen held out his smoke pipe.

"Whatever you say, sensei."

~~~

This should be it. Naruto thought, eyeing an apartment complex that was at least a few stories high. Hiruzen had appointed him to live in this exact and specific apartment complex.

The reason? Naruto doesn't know.

There must be some kind of reason why he chose this apartment complex out of all apartment complexes in Konoha. This is oddly way too specific for my own liking. Thought Naruto, looking up towards the top. It was quite odd.

Hiruzen wanted him to live at the top floor out of every floor he could have chose. His room was also right next to a balcony that gave Naruto the ability to oversee the village of Konoha.

Naruto walked inside and up to the top of the apartment complex in complete silence as usual. Opening the door, he saw what was inside. It was nothing special, like what Naruto had hoped.

If there were already things here, Naruto would have believed he had special privileges. This was not the case, and he hopes that it will never be a case ever at all. Naruto looked around to make sure everything did not seem suspicious. His finger landed on the table. He lifted the said finger.

There was dust.

I can clean and prioritize this for later. Naruto thought, shoving that thought to the back of his mind. But just seeing the table annoyed Naruto to the very core.

Never-mind. I'll clean it anyway. Naruto went to the sink to wet a paper towel. After making the paper towel soaking wet, Naruto maneuvered his body towards the exact same table as before and wiped everything about it down. He coughed a few times, releasing the dust into the atmosphere.

I feel like a house-wife. But ok. Naruto thought, shaking his head as he rid the house from the amount of dust around the apartment building. Naruto sighed once he was finished cleaning around his new household.