Part 14 - Flying and Embarrassment

* Hadrian's POV *
After the incident and potions I just felt the urge to be close to Tom, he was happy to let me be clingy. So with that I held his hand as we walked with the twins, Bella and Barty to the first Flying class, I'm really nervous since I've never been on one before but Tom assured me and said that it was his first time as well. The twins also said that it's only scary the first few times, when you get used to it, it's not so scary. I nodded along and eventually we reached the pitch, some people stared and I couldn't figure out why until I remembered I was holding Tom's hand. He was looking around and then looked down at me with a smile, "sorry you must be embarrassed" I tried to drop his hand but his grip tightened "I am never going to be embarrassed of you kitten", I could feel the heat in my cheeks as I smiled wider.

"So Riddle", Malfoy walked in front of us and everyone created a circle around us "I bet you've never flown a broom before? It's pathetic, I've been flying since I was 7 and am going to be the best flyer here", he bragged smugly. I understand that he liked me but, I have already made it clear I don't like him, so honestly this was just pathetic. "It's my first time flying Malfoy, it's nice to know you think I'm pathetic", I said hoping that he would drop it and leave Tom alone. He paled and his smug smirk dropped "w- wait no I-" just then Madam Hooch walked across the pitch yelling.

"Well what are you all waiting for? Everyone stand by a broomstick. Come on, hurry up. Stick out your right hand over your broom, and say 'Up!", I walked over to where the brooms were lined up and stood next to Tom, I had to let go of his hand but smiled at him. I followed the instructions and held my right hand above my broom "Up!", the broom flew into my hand and I smiled, I looked over to where Tom was also holding his broom along with Malfoy and the twins.

Bella and Barty managed the second time along with some unknown Slytherin's and Gryfindoor's. When Ron tried to pick up his broom it flew straight into his face causing me to bust out laughing with the class. After a few tries the ones who didn't manage to get the broom to come to them,were told to pick up the broom. Albus and Lilian were not proud that Ron and Hermione has to pick up the broom if their faces were anything to go by, but this just made me smile.

The next instructions Madam Hooch said were to "Keep your brooms steady, rise a few feet, and then come straight back down by leaning forward slightly. On my whistle — three — two —", before I could kick off Ron began flying but didn't stop at a few feet. He couldn't control the broom and was obviously panicking, before Hooch could help he crashed into a wall and didn't get up. Everyone got off their brooms and Madam Hooch helped him to the intermarry after telling everyone to stay on the ground or be expelled.

Malfoy started to boast and laugh but I ignored him in favour of the arms slinking around my waist. "How are you feeling now kitten", Tom's voice was warm against my ear and I couldn't help the blush on my cheeks. I wrapped my tail around his thigh again, not sure why but it just helps me stay calm and keep him close, "I'm good how are you". "I'm great now I know you're happy", he whispered which made me giggle.

I looked forward when I heard Bella shout "TOM!", Malfoy swung his fist towards Tom but fell when Tom moved and spun me around to face him. I giggled and hugged him before turning to Malfoy who was brushing off his robes angrily. He glares at Tom who still has his hands comfortably on my waist, great so he's still being childish, "get it in your head Malfoy, I don't like you". His face flushed red and he looked up to Tom who's head was now resting on top of mine "I challenge you to a race Riddle, winner gets a kiss from Hadrian", I felt Tom growl "No, that's Hadrian's choice and you have nothing I want". I smirked as an idea popped into my head "Fine, he'll race you", Malfoy smiled victoriously when Tom tightened his grip.

I turned to him and smiled pulling his head onto my shoulder so I can whisper in his ear. "I know but Malfoy needs to be put in his place, besides I know you'll win and I'll have your prize waiting for you", I nibbled his ear and he nodded "only for you kitten" he placed his hand on the side of my head and rested his thumb on my lip "I'll cheer you on" with a wink he walked in line with Malfoy. "You sure you want to do this Riddle?", "definitely blonde, my kittens mine", I smiled and blew a kiss with my hand to Tom.

"Okay first one to fly around the outside of the castle and back, Wins !", The twins announced, with that they both focused and Bella came to stand next to me, the twins set them off and everyone cheered. "GO TOM GO!" I used my wand to project my voice and watched as Tom flew into the lead but now they were out of sight as they raced around the castle.

"So you nervous?", Bella asked "I mean if he doesn't win", she grimaced "I don't think I could kiss Malfoy". She must of said it too loud since several girls looked at her like she was crazy, to which she flipped them off. I laughed "don't worry Tom will win besides I have a few tricks to help him if he needs it", she smirked and hugged me "I knew I liked you for a reason!".

* Draco's POV *
Weasley fell of his broom how is he a pureblood, I laughed with Parkinson and Greengrass. I started to brag about my flying skills and how much better I am in comparison to impress a certain neko but when I looked to see his reaction he wasn't even looking my way. He was giggling and blushing as Riddle had his hands around his waist and was whispering in his ear, I saw red and lunged for Riddle with my fist.

At the last second someone warned him and he spun himself and Hadrian out of the way causing me to fall. Hadrian giggled in his arms and I brushed my new robes that were covered in dirt, they both turned to me and Hadrian spoke "get it in your head Malfoy, I don't like you" Riddle smugly rested his head on Hadrian. I said the only thing I could think of to get Hadrian away from Riddle and to me, "I challenge you to a race Riddle, winner gets a kiss from Hadrian". Riddle growled and I smirked he knew he would loose "No, that's Hadrian's choice and you have nothing I want", he was mad and I looked Hadrian up and down when he spoke "Fine, he'll race you". I smiled victoriously when Riddle tightened his grip, he was about to loose and I was about to have Hadrian.

I tried to mask my anger when Hadrian pulled his head onto his shoulder and began whispering in Riddles ear. I couldn't hear what he was saying but Riddle tightened his grip and his eyes glowed possessively so I could guess. "I'll cheer you on" Hadrian said louder with a wink. Riddle joined me "You sure you want to do this Riddle?" I asked feeling smug he wasn't going to win, "definitely blonde, my kittens mine", I smiled, mine more like. Hadrian blew a kiss with his hand to Tom and I focused all the more reason to win.

"Okay first one to fly around the outside of the castle and back, Wins !", The ginger twins announced, with that I focused on the twins setting us off and everyone cheered. "GO TOM GO!" I grimaced that would be the last time he cheered for Tom I smirked but growled when Riddle flew into the lead. I gripped my broom harder and we flew around the side of Hogwarts, we were reaching the last stretch and Riddle was beside me.

* Hadrian's POV *
They were neck and neck as they flew around the corner and into sight again, I smiled as Tom began to push forward. I kept cheering and they came even closer when Tom's broom started to zip around and out of control, Bella nudged me and pointed to Pansy who was jinxing his broom. I nodded to Bella and she went to stop Pansy while I jinxed Malfoy's, the race should be at least fair. He looked directly at me and looked hurt for a second before turning and focusing again, Bella was back and Tom was flying normally again so I released Malfoy's jinx so he could fly as well. Tom flew across the pitch first which meant he won and flew back to the group looking very smug, they both landed and Malfoy ran up to me "WHAT WAS THAT! YOU JINXED MY BROOM!".

I smirked and pushed him to Pansy with my magic "yeah since she jinxed Tom's so it was fair", Malfoy spun and glared at the girl. I turned my attention back to Tom who now stood in front of me with a smile, he wrapped his arms around my waist again and pulled me in. "I believe there was a prize for the winner?"he smirked and placed one hand on my cheek, I wrapped my hands around his neck and pulled him in. We kissed and everyone cheered, it wasn't long but my heart was fluttering and my stomach was doing flips.

After a while a Prefect came and told us that we could leave to our next classes, so I grabbed Tom's hand and smiled when he wrapped and arm around my shoulder.