Part 49 - Death

* Tom's POV *
I turned my head back to Luna, who's tears were increasing "what", was the only thing I could get out in a bare whisper not wanting to believe it. "I I'm so s-sorry I j-just don't s-see it anymore", I felt tears roll down my cheeks no matter how hard I tried to keep them in, ignoring the eyes watching around me I leaned closer to my kitten. His breath was shaking as i cupped his face "please stay with me, I can't loose you. I-I've never loved someone the way I love you, I can't loose that now. Please". Remus and Sirius burst through the doors with Narcissa following behind with lily and Madam Pomfrey. Sirius pulled me away whilst they looked Hadrian over, I wanted to be next to him but I couldn't speak, my head felt like it was spinning really fast with my heart following, beating at an extraordinary rate. But I wouldn't stop trying to get closer, until Remus walked up in front of me and places a sleeping spell on me mumbling the words "I'm sorry".

- Four Weeks Later -

During the four weeks, Hadrian had yet to wake up. He was currently laid in the hospital wing, unmoving with a decreasing heart rate. Tom had yet to leave his side for a second refusing to miss him waking up, Remus and Sirius brought food but he rarely ate. He only ever slept for an hour at a time if that, before the nightmares of loosing his mate forced him awake for another day. The group were slowly worrying more for Tom as well as Hadrian but one thing was for sure Madison and Mason were avoiding anyone from Slytherin like the plague whilst hiding amungst the lions. But the thing about hiding is that in the end someone always finds you....

* Hadrian's POV *
I felt my eyes droop as the warm blood rushed from my forehead. Everything went dark, everything but me. I walked around the darkness as it grew colder for what seemed like forever when a figure flashed at the side of my eyes. My head snapped towards what could be the only other thing in the darkness. A shadowy outline of a tall figure, I began to walk closer to the figure however it didn't become any clearer until I was a few steps away.

The figure loomed over me like a tower. I had to crane my neck to look at what seemed to be the face of the figure but the clearly dark face was covered by a shadowy material hooding the figures face. I went to speak only to be cut off by the movement of what seemed to be arms. Long skeleton like fingers moved upwards to the face, slowly lowering the hood. My eyes widened as I realised what was stood in front of me was a who not a what. Tears brimmed my eyes when the thought entered my mind, if I was seeing death I was dead.

Death began to speak well more like laugh? Im unsure it was more of a raspy low sound echoing around the darkness that surrounded us. "I've been waiting a long time to speak to you Hadrian Black. Although I have to admit I thought I would have to wait longer", I looked up to his face which sort of looked like a scarier version of a dementor. The skeleton hand waved in front of my face, bringing out my ears and tail. Ignoring that I asked "Why w-would you w-want to talk to me?", the low sound from before echoed around the room making me step back slightly. "Sorry, I was the first dominant I tend to have a strong effect on submissive creatures. But don't worry I'm not here to hurt you, I just need to talk to you about a gift we wanted you to have". Nodding slowly along I realised he didn't say I "we?", he nodded but didn't speak.

I looked up at him avoiding his gaze but still very confused until suddenly a bright white light flooded the darkness, and another figure stood next to death. "You started without me!" the light figure yelled lightly slapping deaths arm. I smiled the light felt more welcoming and calm as well as way less threatening. Then the figure turned to face me revealing a beautiful face smiling back at him "Hello Hadrian", her voice was the opposite of deaths warming and calm, it made me relax as I wiped the tears from my eyes and faced the two etherial beings.

"Oh sorry introductions. I'm life, I help to balance the world you live in and I create what's needed to keep balance. This is my husband Death, and well you know him" she walked closer to me and kneeled down to my level. "You will do great things together you know, little one. We were going to give you this gift later on but I think you can handle it now" she said raising a hand to my cheek, cupping it gently. Her hand felt strangely warm and I leaned into it and she smiled, Death walked forward but this time he didn't seem as cold or scary with life there. Once again Death chuckled "I'm not as scary when the brightest light in the universe is present", he joked earning a slap and an eye roll.

"Anyway onto the gift. You've been special ever since you were born little one. We don't usually feel emotions from the land of the living but as soon as you were born we both felt your happiness, your sadness and everything in between. So we kept an eye on you and watched you grow, feeling everything you felt. We watched as your parents ignored what a gift you were and ignored how strong you could be. I wanted to reach out so many times but I couldn't and then one day the emotions were stronger. And then they stopped". Life looked down as Death spoke again "Now we were going to give you this when you passed on, but we weren't expecting you for years. However since we got a chance to meet you now we decided what better time". Life stepped back to me with a hand on my forehead in between my neko ears. "I have watched you grow and I have seen what fate has in store for you and you will be great. So I bestow on you my power of light, in hopes that you lift everyone around you to always see the light. And to give you the power to cast out the shadows of the world as well as my power to give life to those you truly care about, up in hopes you never feel that pain. You've felt a lifetime of it already", she had glistening tears in her eyes as her hand flashed golden before I felt a rush of warmth through me, I smiled and hugged her tight, she laughed before pulling away as Death stepped forward.

He also placed his skeleton like hand on my head in the same place. "Little one, I give to you my power to take life and minipulate souls, in hopes that you are never at someone's mercy, for that was never supposed to be your truth", his hand glowed dark black as a chill ran up my spine. I hugged death as well as he hugged back before pulling away. I smiled at the two who made me feel safe just like with Tom, then it daunted in me Tom.

"But what about Tom! I can't leave him I can't be dead I just ca-", "shhh little one", life began "we know all about your mate and we give you two options, you can go back to the magical world you left and see everyone there or come with us to watch over all the world as well as those that live in it". I smiled it sounded amazing but I knew I couldn't leave Tom I loved him. Death chuckled and nudged life "I told you they'd be strong", she smiled "I would like to go back", life nodded and hugged me once again. "Live a good life little one and make sure that you give the old goat a kick from me"I laughed and nodded pulling away. Death waved a hand in front of my face and the two began fading away the last things I heard was life's calming voice "I love you little one and I'll see you again one day" followed by Deaths raspy but also soothing voice informing me of an interesting idea.