Part 47 - Power

The doors of the great hall opened to reveal two shadowy figures that became more detailed as the lights illuminated them. Mason and Madison Andrews, pureblood family from America, they were twins and were very powerful. Mason was a tall and muscular he had jet black hair that curled slightly at the ends, his eyes were a dark brown and flickered through the crowd. He stood tall and walked next to his twin sister who looked around half his height and size, she too had jet black hair that ran down just past her shoulders but her eyes were a lighter brown in comparison. She walked with more grace than her brother and had a calculated gaze as she walked to the front of the hall where the sorting hat was waiting.

* Hadrian's POV *
The new students walked in with the grace only a pureblood family could have, I observed as the two looked towards the Gryfindoor table at his smiling 'siblings'. So for once they weren't lying, I then turned my attention to Dumbledore his mood had been awful the past week but now his eyes were twinkling madly, he was up to something. I took my eyes off them and leaned against Tom with a sigh, Dumbledore's always up to something. I felt Tom tense and looked up to see him scowling at the male who was looking straight at us, I just rolled my eyes as Mcgonagall moved to get the sorting hat.

Madison was called up first as the old hat was placed on her head, everyone seemed to tense as the hat decided which house she would belong to. I just watched as I felt Tom lean his head on mine, I smiled and leaned into him as well. Eventually the hat had made a decision and shouted "Slytherin", the table began to clap until they realised we weren't and slowed before stopping completely. Something about these two was suspicious, Dumbledore was still smiling and clapping despite them being sorted into our house which was never a good sign. He was up to something. I looked up to Tom who spoke to me ~"I don't trust them, Dumbledore is up to something and your siblings are in on it"~, I nodded and smirked at the confusion of others, as he kissed my forehead.

Madison then walked over to the table where some 2nd years moved away from her, she was going to have a hard time in our house if we don't trust her. Mason then walked up to the hat and sat on the stool, just like his sister the hat stayed on his head for a while. This was getting more suspicious by the second, finally just like his twin the hat yelled slytherin as he took a seat next to her. Dumbledore have his same boring speech that I didn't listen to and finally the food appeared and I ate while talking to the group.

* Mason's POV *
I watched as the rest of the Slytherin's avoided contact with us, all trying to get the attention of one group at the end of the table. I looked towards mads who looked just as confused "They must have some social power maybe they have parents with good jobs?", she suggested. I nodded and moved closer to the first person on my right. "Hey who are they? What's their deal?", the Slytherin's eyes widened as he looked to make sure they weren't watching "You don't know who they are?!" He asked with shock his friends also turning our way, I shook my head and he leaned closer to whisper.

"They are the heirs of Slytherin, they are way more powerful than any of the students here and have rule over everyone. Go against them and you're screwed", I turned to a fourth year I believe who was chuckling "more like dead, go against them and no one will help you, their in charge whatever they say goes. Go against them and you will loose everything, your respect, your friends, you automatically drop to last on the chain of respect and will be bullied without help". Another girl joined in "and it's best not to flirt with either of them, they're mates and have been together since first year. You see that guy over there? That's Cedric Diggory, he tried to get with Potter, the neko, Riddle nearly killed the guy". "Not to mention Malfoy who knows what happened to him" another student chimed in.