Part 28 - Map Discovery

*Hadrians POV *
I held Tom's hand as we walked back to the common room, Luna was talking to me about us hanging out sometime. We agreed to meet in the Ravenclaw Common room soon to chat and just catch up. Sometimes I wish that we were sorted into the same house so I could talk to my little moon more but at least we would catch up soon. We walked down the halls just talking and catching up until we reached the Slytherin common room. We all sat by the fire talking for a little while they began doing homework for various classes, I however had already completed mine and was gracefully hanging on the sofa.

After a little while more I was done just sitting around "Anyone want to come exploring with me?", everyone shook their heads and I pouted at Tom. "Please", he put his book down and stared at me, he kissed my lips and pulled away "Sorry love but I've got to finish this, no matter how gorgeous you look". I blushed and founded my arms "I'll go with you", I smiled at Luna and hugged her "this is why you're my favourite, let's go!". The others rolled their eyes and Bella made an offended gasp, we walked to a unused hallway to start with. I opened the map and said the spell just like Sirius showed me, "I solemnly swear I am up to no good".

The parchment revealed the inc that soon created the hallway we were stood in. Luna smiled and pointed out that Bella and Barty had separated from the rest of the group. We walked around for a little while just catching up, we found many passageways that would make it easy to get to class on time . We continued to talk and walk until Luna suggested that we walk a few times in front of a wall, as always I was confused but it's Luna so we did it. Orcus slithered from my pocket to my shoulders with a happy little hiss before going back to sleep, a door appeared on the wall and I looked to Luna.

She had her usual knowing smile as she gestured to the door, we walked in to find a huge room piled to the ceiling with random items. After looking around for a little while we'd found lots of interesting items, but there was only so long you could keep a Ravenclaw away from new mysterious books. We sat by a particularly large pile of them, searching for anything interesting when Luna handed me a book. "I think you will find this more interesting than me", I opened the green cover to a page of what looked like squiggles and random lines "Seriously?" I raised an eyebrow at her. She laughed and focused back "concentrate on the book you'll be able to read it, trust me", she smiled at me before returning to her book.

I stared at the lines on the page in confusion, usually Luna was spot on with her seer ability but I can't be able to read this. Where do you even start, I sighed and closed my eyes, focus Luna said I have to concentrate. I cleared my mind and opened my eyes focusing on the first line of the book. I must have stared at the page for at least a few minutes, but right as I was going to give up the squiggles finally looked like words. I smiled and started to read the first line.

It read 'This book contains the only copy of Salazar Slytherin's official views and experiments as well as hand crafted spells + potions'. My head flew back up to look at Luna who was smiling and putting some books in her bag. "Is this?" She nodded and I smiled, "this is amazing you do realise it could hold so many secrets and solutions to questions people have asked for years". "I know but we should get going, I've been checking he map and Tom's been wandering the castle for around 10 minutes", I smiled and nodded while placing the book into my bag.

I followed Luna to the exit of the room and back into the hallway, we followed the map to the other side of the castle when we heard two growls. I looked at the map Luna was holding Tom was stood in front of Cedric, I ran down the hallway to meet him. When I arrived Cedric was stood in front of Tom blocking his way, both had glowing eyes.

* Tom's POV *
After I had finished my homework I looked at the time, I realised that Hades and Luna still weren't back, so I decided to check the dorms. I walked over to the door and opened it to the twins, who immediately moved something out of view. "I'll deal with that later. Have you seen Hades and Luna?", they both shook their heads "okay I'm going to look for them, I can think of a few Gryfindoor's who would be a great target for that". With that I walked out of the dorm room and out into the halls. I checked the dungeons but found nothing so I moved up to the first floor. I checked the halls and empty classrooms, but there was still nothing, at this point I figured I could panic slightly. I moved to check the second floor and other towers but still couldn't find anything I asked a ravenclaw that knew Luna to check their common room but apparently there was nothing.

I was on my way to Sirius and Remus to check if they were with them when my path was blocked. "Diggory really not the time, move", he stood there smirking, I looked down at him as I stepped closer. "Last chance to move out of the way", his friends went to move but stopped at Diggory's glare "we're not moving tough guy". My eyes bled crimson red as his turned Orange, "you know I'm stronger Diggory, the eyes tell you, so back off". He looked unsure but didn't move "Why, you lost something?", he smirked I growled and drew out my fangs.

I grabbed his collar and threw him against a stone wall, he fell to the floor before standing and running at me with superhuman speed. I dodged the punches he threw to my face but missed one that broke my nose, I pushed it back into place and it healed. I ran at Diggory and snapped his neck, which made him drop to the floor. "Tom?", I turned to see my kitten stood in the hall staring at me with Luna smiling gently in the background.