Part 43 - The Morning Paper

* Hadrian's POV *
We walked into the great hall and ignore the usual looks, some scared, some jealous and some starry-eyed. Tom linked our hands as we walked closer to the Slytherin table, passing the Grydindoor table as usual. "looking good Hadrian" was yelled followed by whisling, Tom growled and pulled me closer as I rolled my eyes. We walked past the Ravenclaw table when I noticed a group of blushing girls looking at my mate, I smirked and stopped which stopped Tom as he looked back at me. I used our linked hands to pull him closer to me and pulled his tie so his face was level with mine. I connected our lips and wrapped my arms around his neck, he responded and rested one hand on my hip, the other cupping my face. Not caring about the gasps around the hall, I kissed him passionately before pulling away for air. His face was flushed and our lips were red, I winked at the now angry ravenclaws before pulling Tom along to the Slytherin table by his tie.

Bella and Luna cheered as we sat down. Tom was smirking as he pulled me onto his lap, I wrapped my tail around his thigh as his hand carted through my hair. The twins couldn't stop laughing at the faces that were being pulled around the room as I looked around I could see why. At the staff table, Remus and Sirius were laughing, Lily looked with kind but shocked eyes, James was seething, Mcgonagll was smirking into her cup and Dumbledore looked shocked trying to recover or think of something to say while the rest of the staff looked at him shocked. Over at the Grydindoor table, Albus and Lillian were trying to get their attention back, Hermione sat wide eyed, Ron had dropped whatever food he was eating and looked frozen, the Grydindoor group that had yelled to me looked pissed as Tom nibbled on my neck and the rest of the table looked a mix of shocked, impressed or jealous.The Hufflepuff had some smiling, some minding their own business and some shocked but enjoying their breakfast. Cedric and his group were openly glaring at Tom which only boosted his ego. The Ravenclaw table had some that hadn't taken their eyes of their books long enough to notice, some shocked and some eating while gossiping to Hufflepuff's across the table. The group of girls were wining and glaromd at me, which made me smirk more. And the Slytherin table were mostly hiding how they felt but some were shocked and some were rolling their eyes at everyone's reactions obviously being used to us in the common room.

Now seemingly unfrozen Dumbledore stood in front of the hall yelling for silence, to which Bella mumbled "everyone is silent you old fool", I giggled. Everyone looked towards Dumbledore "If I have everyone's attention I have an announcem-", he was cut off, much to his displeasure by the morning post. Owls flew around the hall, among them the Daily Profet. I inwardly giggled as the front page held the title 'Malfoy Heir and Lord found Dead?!' the hall burst with sound as people passed the paper around yelling and gossiping, but mostly the hall spun to look at Slytherin table, just noticing the heirs absence.

Many eyes looked to his group of friends, Pansy Parkinson, Blaise Zambini, Vincent Crabbe and Gregory Goyle. I glanced over to see Pansy crying with Blaise comforting her and Vincent and Gregory staring blankly at the papers title, clearly not wanting to believe it. I personally think that the title was good but the photo topped the whole thing off. It was after all our fabulous artwork. Playing along as we had discussed, I looked up to the group shocked and we all opened the paper reading the article.

Article:
'Malfoy heir and Lord found Dead?

No you read that right. The Ancient and noble house of Malfoy lost its Lord and only heir.

Aurors were quick to the scene when they received an urgent message from one Narcissa Malfoy, who said that she had come home from a trip to Diagon Ally to her husband and son dead in the study of their mansion. Aurors arrived at the scene as fast as possible and conducted a sweep of the Manor finding nothing, they looked closer at the scene of the crime. However despite many high level spells they couldn't find any evidence that someone else had been in the room that day. Despite this fact Aurors are saying that both Malfoy could only have been murdered.