Part 44 - A Plan?

* Lily's POV *
Dumbledoor called us all in for an early meeting, we sat down ready to listen, even though there were some more focused than others. I just had this nagging feeling in my gut that somethings wrong but I can't figure out what. Well I know what but if I admit it to myself that makes me a horrible person and who knows what would happen if James found out. But there was no denying it I missed Hadrian.

I turn some focus back to Dumbledore as James pokes me in the side, he explained that he received an important letter from the ministry.. He passed around the letter, first to Severus who had no viable face change, then to Mcgonagll who's eyes widened as she brought a hand to cover her mouth but it was a drastic change when James read the letter and smiled. So I wondered what was in the letter it was passed to me and I couldn't believe it, Lucius and Draco Malfoy found dead?!

I turned back to Dumbledore "Now I know this will be hard", he began although his smile contrasted everything he was saying "we must help the students to move past the death and allow them to have their grief together". I nodded and looked to Mcgonagll who seemed to be the only other person in the room that i could tell cared, although I think Severus does but he looks to be frozen in place. Leaning over from my seat I gently shook his shoulder "you okay Sev?", he broke out of the frozen stare and nodded, so I leaned back over to my chair. James was glaring at me, I could see him in the corner of my eye but he seemingly gave up for now.

"Do you know what happened to them Albus?" Mcgonagll said looking up to Dumbledore, he nodded slowly. "I know as much as there is to know at the moment, so far Aurors have questioned Lady Malfoy, but found nothing as of use. They are treating the case as a murder although they do not know for sure". Mcgonagll looked down into her hands and played with her ring, something I know she only does when nervous or anxious. I gave her a warm smile from across the table when James spoke, and in one sentence reached a new low even for him.

"Good riddance I say, nothing they didn't deserve scumbags", I looked at James who had a smile on his face, soon followed by Albus and Lillian agreeing with him. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, despite what they may or may not have been, they were still human and still had people who loved them. I glared at James "Honestly have some respect, they just died and will have loved ones who cannot begin to explain the loss they will feel", James growled at me and my head flew to look at the floor. I heard Severus scoff "Wow Potter, good to know you treat your wife the same way you treat everyone". He left the room, ignoring James's yelling.

Then Lillian speaks up "I agree with Father, he was just scum and the world is better off without him. I also have some news about the freak", my head immediately looked up from the floor, they had something about Hadrian? She continued "He was talking to Draco Malfoy a while back and it seemed as though they weren't friends. He is still around those Dark family kids all the time, not to mention his vampire boyfriend, he's still just as freaky as he was at home. Somehow though the whole school is scared about what he could do to them and some can't stop making googoo eyes at him" she rolled her eyes and leaned back in her chair. Albus added onto his sister "And besides the Dark family's he's also somehow friends with Ron's brothers, Fred and George, and Looney Lovegood. Both are light family's, the Dark family's are obviously turning some others dark with them".

I couldn't believe what I was hearing, they are all kids, how are people treating them this way they should be protected. My stomach sank some job I did of that, it hurts to think about that night. I don't understand what reasons I had to do it, to give away my child. Whatever they were are definitely not valid now and weren't back then either, I just wish I could take it all back but here I am. It makes me sick to see what my family has become, James and his rage for anything that doesn't think the same as him, and he's passing that on to the kids. But the worst part is that Im powerless to stop him. I sighed, maybe I could talk to Remus without James realising and ask if I could speak to Hadrian, if he want to that is.