Part 22 - Engaged?

~"TEXT"~ = parseltongue

They enjoyed the rest of the holidays with prank wars and comfortable movie nights, Luna and Neville had also visited but soon it was time to return to school.

* Hadrian's POV *
I hugged Sirius one last time as the twins came over, I am not ready to leave them but I'm glad I will have Tom and my brothers with me. "Make sure you stay safe I don't trust them for a second", Remus said pulling me in for another hug while slyly gesturing to where the rest of the Weasleys and Potters stood staring at me or more accurately the promise ring on my hand. I nodded to Remus and hugged him tighter before letting go and walking over to Tom who was waiting with the twins. I held his hand and he squeezed it distracting me from the stares. Together we waved one last goodbye to the adults as they apperated away, we then walked towards the train trying to ignore the stares.

I'm confused why they are staring? It's a ring that matches Tom's, yes, but it's not on the correct finger for an engagement right? I felt better when Tom wrapped an arm around my waist pulling me so I was slightly pressed against his side. I wrapped my tail around his thigh and leaned into him, while the twins spilt and stood on either side of us. We stepped onto the train Fred in front of us and George behind us, with Tom still with his arm around me. After walking down the corridor ignoring the whispering, we found the compartment with Bella and Barty in. We walked in and closed the compartment behind us.

I sat down on the bench and snuggled into Tom who sat next to me, I knew he was annoyed of the whispering and staring. I rested my head on his chest and smiled and he wrapped his arms around me.

* Tom's POV *
We walked through the crowds of whispering idiots, I focused on my kitten who definitely wasn't comfortable. As we walked towards the train, I moved my hand from his to wrapped my arm around his shoulder and smiled when he wrapped his tail around my thigh. We continued walking onto the train, more people started whispering, I tightened my grip on my kitten and focused on him, trying to control my fangs. We walked onto the train and walked until we found the compartment with the others in, once we were in we closed the compartment door behind us. I sat down next to my kitten, lately I've been feeling more and more protective especially when we were out in public. It's not going to be easy going back to Hogwarts with all the eyes on what's mine but those who try will be a perfect example of what happens to those who think they can take what's mine.

Hades snuggled into my side and I smiled, turning back to the others I froze they were staring as well. I tightened my arms around my kitten and looked at them waiting for a question, or something to start explaining why everyone is so interested in my mate. Bella was the first to speak "Tell me you didn't actually get engaged without me!", well that wasn't what I was expecting, hades blushed but I felt him smile against you neck. I looked back to Bella "what are you talking about?", she gestured to the rings and stared like it was obvious, I knew what she was thinking but didn't understand why since it was the wrong finger?

Bella sighed "It's pureblood tradition, usually when there is an arranged, if the couple are too young they wear promise rings to show that one day they will be married. So?". ~"Mmmm interesting, makes me love the ring more"~ Hades hissed, while nibbling a spot on my neck, sending shivers down my spine. ~"Is that so?"~ he looked up at me nodding with faint blush, I pulled his chin closer to me and lightly kissed him. At this a loud squeak sounded, but was soon cut off "please spare my ears", Bart said with a hand over Bella's mouth. She just licked his hand and smirked when he freaked out trying to find tissues that the twins were hiding behind there back.

Bella looked back at us "so it is true?", Barty who had managed to get the tissues rolled his eyes and commented "I'm more interested in you both speaking parseltongue". Bella rolled her eyes this time "I'm asking the important questions first Merlin".

* Hadrian's POV *
I giggled at there bickering and looked at Bella, who was staring wide eyed "Maybe". Her eyes snapped open "What! Without me?". ~" You're supposed to let me propose first you know kitten"~ I blushed ~"What this is fun besides I still want a proposal"~ with a smirk he leaned in and lightly kissed me again, pulling away slowly, I opened my eyes as he spoke ~"Okay, it's going to be fun messing with people"~.

After a while of teasing we told them and Bella squealed again, followed by Barty flicking her head and then flinching when Bella moved to fake slap him. Pleased with the reaction she smirked and looked back "that's adorable and way better because now I get to be there for the proposal!" She then glared at Tom "I better be there for the proposal". I laughed and smiled pulling my hand forward excitedly "the ring is gorgeous!", I smiled "I know". I leaned back to Tom and held the hand, with his ring messing with it. Tom leaned his other arm around my shoulders and leaned his head on mine. "So would you get engaged, is that what you're telling everyone when we get back?", Barty asked looking at Tom then me. He smiled "I am neither confirming or denying but I don't plan on letting my kitten go, you're mine", he looked towards me at the end. I smirked and placed our foreheads together, with our noses touching "Like I'd let you leave your stuck with me now, mine". Both twins smirked and yelled "Awwwww TRUE LOVE".

After a while the train finally stopped, we left our bags as usual and made our way of the train and towards the carriages.