P a n g h u l i

Lady Arthia's cry on the day she lost her brother sounded like a curse.

After that, no one dared to bother her or even make an eye contact with her.

Every night, from her room I can hear her sorrowful cry. Calling the name of the people she'll never meet again. After cry of sorrow, I'll hear the Emperor's voice. Whispering his love to the lady Arthia.

Emperor Cailevi and I grew up together.. not receiving any love. We never know what is love.. probably the reason why the Emperor only can voice out his love. He doesn't know how will he let her feel what he's feeling.

Lady Arthia and the Emperor never received love as they grow up. They never know how does it look. Does love has a face?

If it has, it's probably the face of your love.

"Prince!" I move a little when I saw someone approaching my master. The Empress with her parasol look down on my small master.

The boy who has a bluish-purple hair and crimson eyes look up at the big lady.

"Mother's here!" Empress Kleigh squatted, her servants got alerted. "Hug!"

Instead of hugging the Empress, the prince move away running to his nanny.

I saw how the Empress groaned and stand up.

"You're so proud because you're the only successor of the throne!" She shouted. I look at the prince.

He looks innocent looking at the Empress.

That hair is shouting greed and those crimson eyes are too hostile.

He's ill mannered without him knowing. Probably the trait of his parents.

The Empress left. The prince continue his play with his ball. His nanny and Haeth's just watching him.

I move a little.

I saw the Emperor walking towards the young prince, the Emperor is with his younger brother, Royal Duke Luxius, who is now the Emperor's second hand.

The Emperor isn't smiling, no fond emotions is there.

The young prince's ball bounced on the Emperor's path.

Instead of getting it to give to the child. He walk passed by it like he didn't see the prince or anything that is connected to that purple haired child.

The prince quietly bow. I smiled, that small thing is a genius.

"Prince Theo!" His nanny called him when the Emperor passed by.

I shook my head.

The Emperor did never look at the child. The only thing that lady Arthia has left behind. The only thing that reminds us of the greedy lady.

At night, where everything's dark. There's no more sobs of sorrow from the room I used to guard. Only heavy breathing of a child. But also on the other side of the palace.. there's a man jumping out of his veranda like an assassin.

I watch how the Emperor swiftly move out of his dark room without any guard following him.

He does that every night. Hindi ko na alam kung kailan nya sinumulan ang gawaing iyan. But every dawn, he'll come back.

With a little smile from his lips.

I nodded.

One day, it was supposed to be quiet and normal day. The little prince playing with his ball after his lessons. His nanny and Haeth's watching.. it was normal until a familiar lady went out of the forest infront of my small master's palace.

She's looking straight at the child.

Her purple hair danced with the wind, she's now wearing a simple dress down in the ground, opposite of what I used to remember.

I watch how everyone stopped on what they are doing. I saw how the Emperor stopped behind the young prince looking surprise.

I smiled at little.

"T-theo.." She didn't got her stern voice back. Her voice were just like the last time. Sore and full of pain, it's fragile.

"Tia.."

"M-mother." The young prince has recognized his mother. Probably because he's got almost the same hair with the lady.

Small steps from the child until it turn into runs. His small hands hug the lady's feet.

I smiled.

Finally.. someone has able to hug the lady.

I bit my lower lip. I saw the Emperor shed a tear and he immediately wiped it off.

The Emperor has convinced the lady to come back..

Every night where the Emperor would escape his chaotic palace.. he'll go travel on the sunflower field where there's a small house. There, under the moon.. he'll meet with his love.

"Mum!"

"Theo.." It was a motherly call, no sign of greed or any ill emotions.

"Tia.." The Emperor called.

I smiled.

I looked up the sky.

"Your sacrifices wasn't in vain.." I whispered to my family who lost their lives protecting these two.

~ Wakas

••