B i l a n g XLVIII

I wasn't poisoned.

I went out of my bed and take a bath to start training, since I'm feeling good.

I look at the bright sun hitting my face, I was about to step in the training ground of Ariesè when someone walk passed by me while speaking arrogantly.

"You were still alive?" He asked and stuck his sword in the ground infront of me. "Say, should I just kill you now?" He then pointed a sword on me.

"Y-oung master!" A woman shouted and in a sudden she's infront of the sword.

A blood leak in her neck.

I watch her tremble infront of me.

"What are you doing?" Roman asked and withdraw his sword.

She fell on the ground trembling.

"I asked you, what are doing?" Roman use his sword to raise the servant's head.

"Y-you can't kill young m-master Brandon." She said. Roman laugh in humor.

"My, what have you done to this servant brother?" He asked as he walk passed by me. "Don't tell me, you're entertained by a lowly sesrvant now?" He tap my shoulder before leaving.

I wield my sword at the back of the servant fast as the wind. She trembled more as she slowly face me.

A girl with a brown hair and green eyes, very common.

"D-duke." She said.

"Duke you say." I said and move it closer to her. "You're treacherous one aren't you?" I said and withdraw my sword. "Stand up." I said. "I don't want to see your face again." I said and walk passed by her.

But before I could make another step, she grab the hem of my pants. I glare at her, she gave me a teary eyes, I look at her plae neck, her blood is leaking, which remind me of yesterday, I look at her forehead, it's swollen.

"How dare you?" I asked and pull my feet. Her hand fell on the ground. I sat infront of her to level her sight, she look at me. "Who are you?" I asked.

A assassin maybe?

A spy?

Sent by whom?

Why is she approaching me? She should be approaching Roman since he's the big thing in Ariesè Clan.

"L-lara." She whispered but she immediately take it back. "N-no, I'd like y-you to call me Cecilà." She said.

"Cecilà." I said her name as I slowly point my sword on her neck again. "Then I shall give you a honorable death since you dared to waste my time." I said while standing up, but instead of pleading me not to kill her, she's just looking at me with teary eyes as if she's known me for a long time. "How dare you?" I whispered and turn away instead of ending her life here.

"Brandon!" She shouted made me halt. I look at her.

This lady is something. How can she shout her master's name like that while trembling in fear and showing sorrow in her eyes?

She's impossible.

I look back at her, she's now standing. She smiled at me then gulp before talking.

"Do you want to be friend with me?" She asked straight. I raised one of my eye brow.

Friends?

I never have one, and I don't plan to have.

I turn away.

"Like what I just did, I'll stand infront of you to stop you from hurting."

I look at her.

"Why?" I asked.

My relatives will kill me anytime, so investing people will just be in vain.

"Because I don't want to see you in pain." She said geniunely, she almost got me.

"Who sent you?" I asked. "Amateur." I said. "Leave before I tell father that there's a rat in his house." I said walking away, but she's following me.

"I'm not a spy." She said playfully.

Do I look like I'm playing with you?

"Get lost." I said when I saw the Knight's quarter, I should ask one knight to train with me.

"They won't train with you." She said, I look at her, her fears are gone now. She probably felt that I let my guard down.

"How can you say so?" I asked.

She just smiled and put her hand infront of my face.

She slowly move it away as she show her smiling face.

I look away. My heart just beat faster than usual.

"Because that is your written fate." She  said and smiled at me. "But we won't follow that, I'll be your savior Brandon." I look at her.

I don't believe in fate more like the written fate she's talking about that is very new to my ears. I wasn't convince with her words but I was swayed by her smile, and I didn't know that time, that I'll be able to live and not just exist.

••