B i l a n g XXIX

"I do look beautiful huh?" I smirked at Levi. He just smiled. "Good evening Duke Ariesè." I greeted the Duke behind.

"You look stunning as usual Lady Laissè."

"Thank you."

"Where are your parents?" He asked while I was busy fixing my ribbon that matches Levi's cravat scarf.

"They're here already." I said. The Marquis and I came together, I just waited at the entrance 'cause I was told.

"She waited for me Sir Brandon." Levi proudly said.

The Duke just smirked and tap his shoulder.

"Announce us." He said to the guy in the front door. The guy look at me. I cling my hands on Levi's. Levi look at me. "With Lady Laissè." The Duke noticed tha guy. The guy bowed and open the double door in the event hall.

"FIRST PRINCE CAILEVI ALTARUIGE AND DUKE ARIESÈ WITB LADY LAISSÈ WILL ENTER THE HALL!" Everyone look at us, particularly to me and Levi.

I look at the Marquis, he looks shock. I smiled.

The chatter started, the Duke part ways with us. Levi and I just stand in a side, aristocrats keep coming to greet him so I just stayed quiet.

"Must be nice having a companion pretty as this lady." I look at the old businessman. I smiled.

"This is my amica." Levi said.

The talk continue until they announce the Emperor.

"THE EMPEROR LUDWICK CALI ALTARUIGE WITH THE EMPRESS, HELAINE NAED ALTARUIGE TOGETHER WITH PRINCESS DOMINICA ALTARUIGE!" The proud royal family enters the hall, people clap as we bow.

The Emperor made a small speech and told us to enjoy the banquet as he started the dance floor with his Empress.

"May this lady dance with me?" I look at Levi as he offer his hand. I smiled and accepted it.

"Don't expect too much, you're so tall." I said, he just chuckle. He's really tall, I mean I'm just below his chest.

"We're getting so much attention." He whispered through my ears.

"You're uncomfortable?" I asked. He just smiled and twirl me. After the music stop we came back to our spot and the aristocrats came again.

"My, look who's enjoying someone's company here." A businessman greeted the Prince and me. I just bowed back. "The future of Kingdom Guibàsh." He said. Levi just laugh.

"Please do not expect." He laugh, when did he became humble?

"You who win the war in the borders and even conquered countries, who won't expect that you'll not succeed the throne?" The businessman said. Levi just gave him a businessman smile and talk with him further. I look around.

I wave at Aailana when I saw here. She just wave back and turn around, seems like she's not enjoying the night.

I was busy looking around and observing when I met Sansebastian's dark red eyes. He's drinking a wine with some aristocrats talking to him. He raised his brow when our eyes met, he didn't bother to look away when I was the one who saw him watching me. I was about to smile at him when Levi held my chin and made me look at him.

"If I have to dance you all night just so I'll get all your attention, I will." I look at him innocently.

I nodded and take back my face.

"My foot is hurting." I said. He crack a chuckle so I look back at him. "Pardon?"

He shook his head and take a wine glass on the waiter who passed by us.

He drank on the glass as I watch him.

"Want some?" He asked then offer me the glass. I nod.

He smiled and give his glass to me.

"Go, I know you're curious." He said. I laugh in my mind, I've been drinking wine in my past life so I'm not that curious, but this is my first time drinking booze in this lifetime. "Your eyes just sparkle." He laughed.

I smiled and drank the wine. Nothing beats a red wine from a royal banquet.

The banquet continue but all the people attentions went to the Emperor when he spoke. I saw Luxius behind him.

Ngayon ko lang sya nakita ngayong gabi.

"You must be wondering why I called all your attention." The Emperor started his speech. "Before the moon changes I'd like to announce my successor." My hands on Levi's arm tighten.

Wait, it's not time for that!

It's too early, back then I died without knowing the heir of this empire and now, he's announcing it two years earlier my death!

This doesn't make any sense.

Levi look at me.

"You're pale." I look at him.

He just smiled at me.

"I'd like to say that my third son, Luxius is the best fit to continue the peace in Guibàsh."

Haa.

"It should be the First Prince."

"The first Prince went frontline to fight for the country, so why the 3rd prince who was sheltered by the Empress?"

"Second Prince Sansebastian is better at managing the government."

"I was expecting it to be the First Prince but he's a son of a lowly servant."

I bit my lower.

I look at Levi, he's watching my reaction, he's not even shock with the announcement as if he expected it already.

"Guide my son, as he continue the peace in Guibàsh!" The people bowed, as they congratulate Luxius.

Cailevi isn't the succesor!

He'll need me for his treason!

"You don't look disappointed." He said. "Are you planning to back out and go to Luxius since he's so inlove with you?" Luxius asked, I don't know if he's joking or what, I just cling in his arms and smiled.

"You cannot let go of me now, Levi." I said.

"I knew my lady will say that." He brush my hair. "I ask the New moon to bless you."

••