B i l a n g LXXX

I glanced at the portrait of a lady who has a puple hair. She's not smiling. Her purple hair is shouting how ill mannered she is. When you look deep in her eyes you'll know how greedy this person is.

I look at the prince who's busy looking for something inside a huge treasure chest. I sighed, he heard me but he didn't move. I look around the tall room that is covered with red curtain, you'll never get a glimpse of a sunlight.

Again my eyes drifted on the lady's portrait painting sitting on a stand. It's the only portrait here with treasure chest, gold bars and papers.

"Why do you have my sister's painting?" I asked. "You're creepy." I heard him chuckle but continue what he is looking for.

Arthia is my sister, half sister.

I always wanted to be acknowledge by her since I was a child. My fallen mother kept asking me about her and it's making me more intrigue about her.

"Do you know you cousin Arthia? Daughter of my sister." My mother said while i'm lying on her lap. She's busy playing with my hair. "She has a purple hair that stands out, very unique." She said so amuse. "She got it from our grandmother. You should meet her. You both have brown eyes.

"Arthia will no longer have a mother." My mother cried one night. "Should I take her in?"

"If ever you meet Arthia be good to her, she doesn't have a mother." My mother said in her death bed.

What's so good about Arthia that even my mother's sick she keeps thinking about her?

"Ladies from Lio are very weak, you shook take care of Arthia Theodore." I nodded as I look at my mother, she's so thin and very pale, not as pretty as before.

"Your father is Arthia's father." I didn't move. "Arthia is your sister Theodore I'm sorry."

That timelapse with mother stopped when the prince stand infront of me. He's now holding a sword. I look at it.

"What?" I asked.

"This is for you. That's why I called you here." He said but I just look at the sword that has a emerald handle.

"You should be busy with your wife." This prince is trying to bribe me.

I don't know why all the princes of the Empire wants to marry my sister.

Well, I can't blame them. My sister was blessed with beauty, she can pass as a goddess, or maybe she's actually one.

My mother said that Arthia is pretty, and that was proven when I first saw her. I was very innocent and bewitched by her beauty.

Probably the princes were also bewitched by her. It's all good since they're not forcing my sister to be with them, and if they do I think I'll be a criminal.

I'll marry my sister myself if I can and if it's right but..

Right, i'm actually greedy like her. Same blood runs through our vein and she's the one who raised me.

"Right, I won't thank you for this because I didn't ask for this." I said while checking the sword. The prince chuckled infront of me. "If you can, please discard that portrait, you're creepy keeping it on your treasure room." I said with so much disgust but he wasn't bothered. Instead he played with my hair which I hate the most. I glared at him.

"Really, you're her brother." He said. I was about answer him when my assistant came in without knocking.

"What is it?" I asked the boy year younger than me. His breathing is fast as if he is chased by beasts. "What is it Haeth?" I asked. His long hair is kept and tied behind him, it's dark pink close to the purple hair of my sister, he has a long curked lashes, also he has a reddish lips that made him look feminine.

"T-that lady.." His first sentence made me flinched, also the prince besides me. We both know who is he talking about. We both walk towards Haeth. "The lady Arthia is sick and they called for a doctor."

Both prince and I didn't bother to ask anymore question. We both run and the prince ordered someone for a horse. When it came we immediately ride it, the prince run first and I was about to follow him when I noticed Haeth beneath me. He's looking up at me. I rolled my eyes.

"What are you waiting for?" I asked in so much irritation. He opened his mouth like he wants to say something but instead he jump behind me.

I rolled my eyes and kick the horse. It traveled fast. But my thought is busy with my sister.

What happened to sister Arthia? She's sick? Impossible. For me, she is the definition of a strong lady. She never let anything or anyone put her down. She was never sick or hurt, she's brave and does whatever she peases. So it's far fetched that she is sick.

I unconciously remember what my mother told me. She told me that ladies of Lio are very weak. It makes me realize that my sister..my sister is also a just a person.

Not because she is strong doesn't mean she can't be sick. Not because she is arrogant doesn't mean she can't be weak.

A sting pain went through my heart.

"I-i'm sure the lady will be fine." I heard Haeth's small voice almost drowned by the wind which is hitting us every run of the horse.

I didn't speak and reflected to myself, my sister is also just a person.

I jump without hesitation when we reach the Duke Ariesè's mansion.

My heart races more when I saw servants running up and down from the stairs coming and going in to my sister's room.

"How's Tia?" I heard the prince while running upstairs.

He stopped infront of sister's door while talking to lady Cecilà. She doesn't look energetic today.

I walk towards them to see sister. When I look at his door I was shock to see that everything's a mess. Sister's vanity mirror is shattered, her flower vase is also broken with the flowers around it. Some of sister's stuffs are scattered on the carpeted floor. Her books at ruined too! I know sister can be this agressive but I think what happened to her room is too much. Every single thing is ruined, wala syang pinakawalan. Even her side tables are on the floor. Servants are carefuly cleaning it without making a sound like if they make a mistake a beast will be awake to eat them alive.

I look the her bed, the curtains of her bed are close and I see her shadow from there, she's lying. It's calm inside there. Is she really that sick?

My heart is racing so fast, I want to go to her to check her.

"She's probably shock." I look at lady Cecilà. "Maybe she doesn't like what she heard from the doctor?" My eyes drifted to the prince when he didn't answer the lady. He's also looking at my sister's bed with so much emotions. I even saw fear and pain on it. Is he this expressive before?

I looked away. There's actually someone who truly cares for sister Tia except me despite of her being discorteous to anyone, even to a royal blood huh?

Sister Arthia told me to never be friend with anyone unless I want to be betrayed so what is her relationship with these people?

Partners?

She can be betrayed by that too. Any relationship can lead to betrayals.

"What does the doctor said?" The prince asked without looking away from sister.

"She's carrying a c-child."

It's like my whole world stop--no, it's only me. The prince stiffened.

There I knew it.

I look down on my hands.

For a moment when I realize it, the urge of punching the prince came but I tried to stop myself.

My breathing is fast as I turn away.

"Theodore." I didn't look at lady Cecilà.

••