B i l a n g XII

"Church day my ass." I murmured to my self.

"Its been a whe since the family went out." Marquis said so I look at him with disbelief.

The three of them used to go to church every month and not minding me. I remember myself following them in secret and I'm just so pathetic.

Every noble family is recquired to go to church atleast once a month to thank God for their well being.

As if there's actually a God.

"Im not coming." I said.

"Same here then!" Obviously its the bug.

"We should all go, the high priest is expecting the five of us speacially you two." The Marquis pointed Theodore and me.

I just can't bear to call him father anymore so I'll stick with Marquis, he's most treasured title.

I don't know how I ended up sitting inside the kalesa with this people.

"Sister, you know this is my first time going to the Capital church and Im with you!" The bug who's sitting besides me said.

"If no fun, don't get too excited." I said.

I don't know, my heart is beating fast as if I'm also excited. It'll be my first time to go church after my mother's death. Back then they never really invited me, like I told you, I even sneak out just to go to church with the family I used to acknowledge before my death. Maybe Im just getting thrills because someone is excited to go to church with me for the first time, and its this little bug, who seems to admire me the most.

There's a lot of famillar noble people as we arrive. As soon as we enter the entrance, whispers every corner started.

"The rumors that Laissè family is falling apart isn't true after all?"

I can't help but to hold my laugher.

"I heard the eldest was the meanest?"

You heard it right.

"Rinig ko pinag-sabay ng Marquis and tatlo!"

Baka meron pang ibang anak na hindi naipapakilala sa amin.

"And worst, You know the Lio sister from fallen household of Lio?"

"The younger sister is the mother of the eldest while the older sister is the mother of youngest!"

I closed my eyes as we sit. The talks are making me ashamed. Why only talk about me and Theodore while there's worse?

Hindi ko alam kung paano ako nakapagtimpi sa tatlong oras na pagdadasal. Im so tired when we went back and determine to skip the dinner but suddenly we were told that we have very important guests waiting for us. So they decided to have dinner with whoever the visitor is.

"Prepare something that the Duke would like!"

Duke?

Who the hell is this is Duke who visits a Marquis' Mansè without a notice?

The dining was looking like a feast.

"Which is your favorite sister?" The bug asked besides me as we entered the dining. I saw the Duke sitting in the opposite side of my the Marquis'. The Duke is looking all famillar.

Our eyes met so I look away. The Duke is near the Marquis' age. Who is it again?

"My, you have a fine daughter Marquis Theodorest." The Duke stood up so I bow.

"T-thank you Duke?" I said.

"Brandon, Brandon Ariesse." My eyes widened, he watch my reaction and smirk. "You must've remembered me Lady Laissè, its been two years or so but I hope you still accept my apology for that day night." Everyone is silently watching us until the Marquis cough.

"W-well its my fault for being rude to the Prince that day." I said and bow.

"May I know what you are talking about?" Lilibeth asked so I rolled my eyes.

Chismosa.

"Well there's a little misunderstanding back then, I guess its the Marquis Birthday two years ago?"

"When Arthia went missing?" I look at Lilliane, who are you to interrupt and when did I go missing?

"Maybe, so as a token of my apology I have a little present here for the Lady." Duke Brandon handed me a violet jewelry box.

"T-thank you." I said. "Would you mind?" I asked, Im actually excited to see what's inside the box so I asked.

"A pleasure." He said then smiled.

I open the eyes and my eyes literally twinkle.

"I hope you like it Lady Laissè." I took out the necklace, there a purple crescent moon gem shaped as a Pendant and shines brightly in the light.

"I appreciate it, thank you Duke." He smiled at me.

"I also brought a present for the Lady Lilliene and young Theodore, if you don't mind." The guy besides him gave put one box for each. Theodore obviously got the biggest box and it has a nice sword in it, and the bug is so happy about it while Lilliane receive a single ribbon. I don't know how I stop my laughter looking at her disappointed eyes.

That night the Duke and the Marquis only talk about business. But since the Duke requested me to walk  him out of the Mansè and I have no reason to reject him even though I'm kinda scared at him because he brought back my trauma back then.

But I kinda feel a little bit at ease since he gave me a nice gift.

"Say Lady Arthia." He look at me before entering his kalesa. "The Prince is indeed fond of you." I wrinkled my forehead.

"Pardon me?" I asked. "Which Prince?" I don't know what's funny in what I said but he crack in laugh.

"My, you really are something young Laissè." He said then pat my head. It's kinda irritating but Im scared to glare at him. "I'm looking forward on serving you in the future."

"W-what?" I asked. As far as I remember, Duke is higher rank than Marquis. It's only possible to be serve by the Duke if the person is a Royalty.

Instead of answering me, he just turn around and left, leaving me confuse.

••

Duke - a title that male holding the highest hereditary in the British and certain other peerages.