B i l a n g XLII

"Can I sleep over at the Duke's manse Cailevi?" I look at Theodore still hold my skirt and I am about to enter the kalesa.

"You can, I'll sleep over too."

"You can't." I said. "Let go." He didn't let go of my skirt. "You have lessons tomorrow." I said and pull my skirt, I sat inside the kalesa and look at them.

"I can't?" I shake my head.

"Do something Cailevi." Theodore look at Levi. Levi chuckle a little.

"You two didn't forgot that I'm still a royalty, don't you?" He asked and move to me, he sat infront of me. "Can't deny you two are seriously siblings." He whispered to himself, I look at him raising my brow.

"I miss you sister Tia." I look at the bug. "Come on Cailevi, you should command her!" Theodore looks irritated now. "You're the one who suggested it in the place first!" I look at Levi, he smiled.

"I think I can't do that Theodore." He even has the audacity to laugh. "She's the master, you know that." Levi said.

"I'm tired." I said. "You can just visit me after your lesson." I said. His face brightens.

"Then see you. I shall bring a beautiful dress for you tomorrow!" He said, I smiled as he close the kalesa's door.

Levi's watching me again as we travel back to the Duke's manse.

"What is it?" I asked.

He look away, he look outside.

He's acting weird, I rolled my eyes and look outside too.

"Should I just go to war again?" I look at him.

"What?" I don't understand a thing he's saying.

He just look at me and smiled, I can't read his emotions again.

Levi's Pov

Should I just go to war and finish it fast then go home to Tia instead of marrying another Lady?

I lick my lower lip as I look at Tia, she's giving me that look again, she's trying to read me.

Do you badly want to know what's going on inside my mind Tia?

I look away before I could give any emotions.

It's scary, the fact that I know her and I also know what I'm feeling.

How come I become a coward when it comes to her?

I fought in frontlines and murdered a lot of humans, innocent or not, but infront of her, I'm having a hard time hiding my emotions. I just want to surrender and stay besides her, but the fact that I know what will happen if I do that scares me the most.

"We're here." I said and open the door for her. She accept my hand and walk her way.

She passed by me, her walk is shouting confident, she's steady. I watch her walk, she look back at me.

With her hand she flip her long purple hair and smiled at me.

"Tell me your secrets Levi." She said as if she's hypnotizing me.

I can't help but to smile with her, she might look silly but she's dead serious.

"Don't run away, you're the only person I decided to trust." She said then turn her back again. "I'll be waiting." She said then enter the mansion. I followed her and watch her went upstairs.

The idea of you trusting me lessen my anxiety that you'll leave me for the other prince.

You're just too good for your own self.

I look at her back before it disappear.

Secrets?

There are secrets you won't be able to handle Tia, I shall protect you from that.

I sighed.

"She'll never change." I look at Sir Brandon, he came out from the kitchen holding a glass of whiskey. "Why are you waiting for her?" He asked.

"Maybe I'm just like you." I said and sat on the side of the couch. "Why are you still waiting for her Uncle?" I asked.

His laughter filled his manse.

"Because she promised me that she'll come back to me." He said.

"You're fortunate after all." I said then stood up. "Let's just finish this, I'll let her go soon."

"You should be selfish with her sometime, you can't always let her have her ways." I look away.

"Told by the man who can't even get a hold of his lover."

How did my curiosity turn into a feeling I can't even name?

I'm kinda afraid to say 'no' to her.

I laugh with myself.

Can I be selfish too, Tia?

••