B i l a n g XXXVII

"Tia!" I look at the Duke who's walking down the hallway, the two ladies bow for him, I too.

I heard Cailevi's foot step behind me.

"Greetings Duke Ariesè." I look at Levi's mother.

"Greeting Your excellence, you must've missed your son that you're visiting him today." The Duke politely said. I look at Levi, he doesn't give any reactions he's just observing.

"Sometimes I'm really curious, what's going on inside your head." I whispered to Levi. While talking, I met Lady Ino's eyes, she smiled at me, I just nod.

"You won't wish to know." He whispered back. I look at him.

"Well, I just came here because I heard that this young lady, Lady Kleigh will be visiting my son." Lady Kleigh smiled at the Duke.

I'm busy watching their greeting and whatnots but I can still feel Levi's eyes looking at me.

"You must've met your son's companion before even going to war." I smiled when the Duke look at me. "Her name's Arthia from House of Laissè."

"The prodigal daughter of Laissè." She said with her on brow raising on me.

She knows that, impressive.

"Well, you can say that." You can't bring me down just because you don't like me. "It's nice to be acquainted with you, your Excellence." I said then vow.

"I just hope that nothing's going on between you and my son, he's bound to marry this Lady besides me."

"Mother." Levi said calmly, we both look at him.

"Do you want to marry him instead?" She asked then smiled.

"Marriage is not in her vocabulary mother." Levi said and place his hand on my waste. I saw their eyes darted on Levi's hand. I smiled at them.

"Why is that?" Lady Inos shockly asked.

"I heard the two Prince proposed to you since you were a child, are they done fooling around?" Levi's mother doesn't really like me.

"I'm afraid that the two Prince is still fooling around even though they are busy with their own affairs." I said.

I'm immune to sharp words. I've been defending myself from those sharp words since then and i'm expert on giving a harsh comebacks.

"I see, I only hope that my son is not fooling around too." She looked at my dress again. "He'll soon become a married man soon." She said.

"No worries, I'm taking good care of your son." I smirked.

I thought our talk will stay longer, thanks to the Duke, he said that the aristocrats are already in the meeting room.

I slap Levi's hand on my waste while we're walking down the hallway.

"You're mother doesn't like me." I said laughing.

"That doesn't matter, you're not gonna marry me anyway." He said chuckling, I just glared at him.

Why is he bringing up marriage? Marriage here, marriage there!

"It seems like she loathes me." I said, he laughed as we entered the room filled of aristocrats following Levi. "Why is that?"

I don't really care, but it's my first time seeing her and she totally doesn't like me and she's making it obvious, intentionally!

"Maybe because you remind her of the First Empress who became Empress instead of her?" I wrinkled my forehead, ipinaghila ako ni Xyco ng upuan sa tabi nya.

He said those word lightly.

"You mean, Sanse's mother?" I asked and sat. He just noddef and sit besides me. Our meeting started.

"The Emperor's supporters isn't our only enemy."

"The commoners like the First prince to rule them so I think there's no problem no matter who is our enemy, or how many are they." Someone said, I nod.

Commoner favors Levi since he's hero who was in battlefield for almost a decade and has brang victory to the country.

"That's right, but there are still nobles who support Prince Luxius."

"They are just commoners, what can they do?"

A lot of comments was uttered in the room, while Levi, this Levi who is suppose to lead this meeting is just busy staring at me. Does he not know that I can feel his gaze?

I glared at him. He just raised one of his brows.

"Stop staring."

"Alright."

••