B i l a n g LXVII

I look at my body's reflection on the huge mirror infront of my tub without humor. Den isn't the one who's washing my hair anymore. I bit my lower lip and glared at Aira.

"Will you do your job properly?" I asked all irritated.

"Yes miss." I did not speak and look down on my hand.

I remember telling myself that I'll protect her this time but all I did was doubt her. Funny.

"She's been sick like that. But what really happened lady Arthia, did you really killed her?"

I look at her reflection in mirror with menacing look. She immediately look away.  Was that the rumor going around the manse?

Wearing a black dress I went out of my room just to see the impudent servants whispering as I passed by them.

I was never good to anyone and I threat them everyday so I won't be shock if they are assuming that I killed my maid. I did it ones before anyway.

When I was about to go outside for my breakfast I saw Levi on the kitchen's entrance. Our eyes met so I look away. I didn't give him any expression. I continue walking but he followed me.

"Sir Brandon called for you." He said. I stopped and nod at him. I feel so tired early in the morning to the point that I don't want to speak.

He followed me on my way to the kitchen. Sure he's trying to read me.

"Arthia." I look at the Center table where the Duke is sitting. Besides her is Lady Cecilià looking at me with a smile like usual. I look away. Does she know that a servant of mine just died? Why is she smiling like that? It's irritating!

"Greetings Duke." Mahinang bati ko at naupo sa madalas kong inuupuan tuwing sabay kaming kakain. Levi sat besides me as the food was serve.

"Levi is supposed to leave today."

"Let's eat first Sir." Levi said.

"Prince your enemy is actually time." We both look at lady Cecilà. I look down and focus on my food. I don't want to interact right now. I want to mourn Den since it's the only thing I can do. I also plan to go to Lilibeth today and atleast give her a palm. "I'm sure Arthia's fine." I look at her with my heart racing so fast. My hands tremble.

What did she said?

No one spoke.

After a minute they opened the topic again. I quietly listen since i'm part of it and I actually want it to rush so I could kill that family.

How dare they touch a servant of mine?

"Since Arthia is not swayed by what happened. I'm sure she doesn't even care about Den." I look at lady Cecilà.

My blood is starting to boil but i'm trying my very best to stop myself because I have to respect her.

God, she's irritating as hell.

"I'm sure she's even happy that she lost a liability kahit na tao pa iyon."

"What do you know?" I slammed the table with my hands without knowing it. I lost my patience and already annoyed by her. "Stop sprouting nonsense as if you know me." I said. "Do you know me? You predict future as if you've been there." I look at the Duke, he's looking at lady Cecilà trying to read her. I continue. "Tell me your nonsense once and for all and stop testing me." I said and stand up. "I'm so done with people stucking their nose in someone's business." I said and turn around. Cecilà did expected my blow, but she looks caught off guard with what I said. And it irritates me that she know how to annoy me.

"Tia." I heard Levi also stand up. I was about to walk away when I heard her voice again.

"That's right Tia. I know things about you and I also know that Den is not the only person you'll lose."

"Cecilà." I heard the Duke called her name.

"That's why i'm here to prevent that 'cause it's breaking my heart that you'll have a tragic end!" I slowly look at her. I did not give her any expression because that's where i'm good at.

"I don't need your help, if tragedy is my end then so be it." I said. I moved away my hand when Levi tried to hold it. "Death doesn't scare me lady Cecilà, if that's what's irking you." I said. I turn around.

"Your characteristic is indeed strong and doesn't feel any love or remorse so why are you getting all worked up when I said those things about Den?!" I was shock when she shouted as if she's really irritated. I look at her boredly. She even stomp her feet. She's irritated because she know she can't win.

I saw the Duke stand up and tried to attend Lady Cecilà. She's now got a teary eyes.

"Bakit ako?" She asked, she's now calmed. "Why do I have to be here?" Napahawak sya sa sandalan ng upuan. I saw her shaky hands. "All I did was feel bad about this stupid novel so why am I here again trying to fix your ending?!" She shouted. "When you actually deserve a tragic end, why am I helping you?"

"I did not ask for your help." I said and turn around. "Excuse me." I said and left without looking back.

"Tia, you shouldn't have talked like that to lady Cecilà." I stopped walking and look at Levi. "That's rude, she want you good."

He asked me something and this is it? To stop being rude with another lady? Insane, but I think i'm more insane when I look down.

I feel like I was wrong for the first time. Maybe it was Levi's voice or my down emotion today.

"S-she was rude to me first." I said like a kid and I hated myself for it.

"I know you're ill mannered but she was also wrong putting salt on your wound." I looked at him and smile a little.

Levi never failed me. If this is his way of comforting me, it is unhealthy but I like it.

••