B i l a n g LXXIV

She looks startled with what I said. She surely didn't expect that. I smirked at her.

"If you know that much I better help you kaysa maging liability ka kay Levi." I said and stood up. She looked up at me with so much amusement.

"H-how.." I think she can't come up with a word so I smiled at her more and flip my hair on my shoulder.

"Provide Levi the support of your clan and you'll become the empress." I said assuring her. After a while of amusement and shock in her eyes, she look at me ridiculously.

"My.." She said and stand up holding her chest elegantly--dramatically. "Don't tell me you're also planning to make me your puppet?" I smirked at her and laugh a little.

"You're unedeniably smart lady Kleigh." I said and turn around. "I just hope you won't be a burden to the prince." I said and started walking when she spoke again.

"Why don't you marry the prince yourself if you badly want power?" She asked almost sounding like she's mad at me. I tilt my head looking at her, I have no time to turn my whole body to her for this stupid conversation. I need to get rid of her immediately!

"Like what you said, who would marry a bastart prince?" Her mouth dropped open. When turn around on my way I saw lady Cecilà. She's not smiling or giving me any humor like she used to. Sure she heard what I said. I just looked at her and start walking towards her when she sighed and gave me a sorrowful eyes. My heart skip a beat and I feel like I did something wrong when all my life all I did was actually hurt people around me but this time I feel like I need to care just because of her sorrowful eyes towards me.

I rolled my eyes and walked passed by her. I heard her small footsteps behind me like she's trying so hard not to make a sound.

"Y-you.." It looks like lady Cecilà have something to say.

"I won't wait for Levi, my day is done." I said without looking at her.

"Arthia." She said in shaky voice.

I did not stop but she grabbed my hand making me look at her. I glared at her.

"Tell me, did you ever felt something towards the prince?" She asked with her uneasy eyes. I look away not knowing what to say. "I know you are both greedy but.." She stopped and I pulled my hand back.

"What do you want to know?" I asked.

"When the prince smiles at you don't you feel anything?" She asked. "Like butterflies on your stomach or heart racing fast?" She asked hopefully. I wrinkled my forehead when I don't remeber feeling those strange things. She sighed when she saw my reaction. "A-alright." She whispered losing hope.

I started walking again and we reach the garden. The people are still busy even the sun is setting already. I see no lady Clair anymore. I stopped behind the fountain and look at the purple sky with a touch of peach. Pretty.

"Still, I'll help you have a happy ending since Brandon trust the two of you." I did not look at lady Cecilà, my eyes is too mezmerize on the setting sun above us. "I can't blame you for feeling that way towards the prince." She said, I heard her small sobs so I look at her. "You two only meet because of your greed and you're not meant to fall inlove." She said and laugh awkwardly. I look at her brown hair and sighed. I looked again at the purple sky.

"How do you know you're inlove?" She look at me. It's obvious that she's startled with my question.  How did she know that she's inlovee with the Duke and how can she proudly claim that?

"When your heart races everytime you see a certain person?" She asnwered not sure with her answer. I rolled my eyes and started walking. Levi's palace has yellow tulips. It's pretty but plain.

"Will you know you're inlove when you felt pain?" I asked innocently. Tila nabuhayan ang lady sa tanong ko at tumatakbo pang papunta sa harap ko habang pinupunansan ang luha. I rolled my eyes. What's making her so sad anyway?

"You feel pain?" She asked. I wrinkled my forehead at her. I never said I feel pain, I just asked. She laughed and tap my shoulder. "Is't because the prince is marrying another lady?"

"It's beneficial." I said.

"Sure it is!" She said and her hand rest on my shoulder. "So you envy lady Kleigh because she's the one who'll get married to the prince?" I slightly remove her hand on my shoulder. I don't know what irritates me, her hand resting on my shoulder or her stupid question.

"I don't know so shut up, please!" I said and walk passed by her. I saw the bug waiting on the kalesa.

"Oh my gosh I can't believe this!" She shouted. "Damn. Yo're finally feeling something pero bakit naman through envy na naman!?" She asked so loud not understanding what she is saying.

Nang malapit na kami sa kalesa ay mahinang bumulong sa tenga ko si lady Cecilà na nagpahinto sa akin.

"Congratulations! You're finally capable of love." She tap my shoulder again and walk passed by me. "Maybe because the people around you are showing you genuine care?" Then I saw her tap the bug's shoulder who just glared at her.

Genuine care?

Den?

Den suddenly came to my mind just to make my heart feel in pain.

Genuine. I look again at the bug who ran towards me and grab my skirt. Suddenly my heart hurt so much. I looked at lady Cecilà who's smiling at me like she's proud she made me realize something.

Genuineness of a person?

"Tia." Mabilis akong mapalingon sa likod ko. Levi walk towards me with a serious face.

I think I forgot to breathe as I feel intense palm clenching on my heart.

Genuine?

••