B i l a n g LXII

My eyes squint at the sight of Cecilà clinging her arms to the Duke's. Our eyes met and she even waved her other hands making the Duke look at me. I closed the book i'm reading and stood up to bow to the Duke.

I don't like her, she's with the Duke but still fooling with Levi.

"Arthia." He said.

"Greetings." I said.

"I heard the Prince confessed to you yesterday?" My brow shot up at Cecilà's question.

How in the world did she know?

She laugh when she saw my reaction, the Duke look at her.

"I told the prince that he should confess so he won't lose you." She said proudly. I look down on the book on my hand, trying to calm my self, thinking that I should not be violent to her because she's the Duke's lady.

"Duke how's business these days?" I tried to ignore Cecilà.

"Fine, I guess?" He said. I nod. "How about you Arthia, are you still comfortable in this manse?" I smiled and nod.

"Who won't be?" I asked. "I'm always thankful with your help Duke Ariese, I hope you know that." I said. He smiled at little and nod.

"Then, we should get going. Enjoy your day Arthia." I bowed and smile. Cecilà wave at me, I just look at her boredly.

What's with her?

I sat back on my chair and sipped on my tea. I'm in my usual spot every morning, in the garden.

I sighed when I wasn't able to focus on my book. I look around to see Den but she's not here again today.

I look at Aira.

"Where is Den?" I asked.

"She's still sick milady." She said. I rolled my eyes and stood up.

"I'm going to see her." I said determined. Aira's eyes widened. "Show me the way." I said, I know where's the servant's house but I don't want to hear more of Aira's voice so I cut her off before she could even speak.

She lead the way and I followed her with servants behind us.

I look at the not small but not also big house behind the Duke's main mansion, it's not shabby.

"Are you sure milady?" I rolled my eyes at Aira. Wala syang nagawa kung 'di ang pag-buksan ako ng pinto ng umabante ako at huminto sa harap ng pintuan.

"Show me her room." I said. A parlor greeted me when the door opened, every corner of the house has doors, probably their room. Tinuro ni Aira ang isang pinto sa kaliwa. I walk to it and stop infront.

I need to see Den, if she's sick she should've told me, but I can feel something, there is something going on with her. I don't want to doubt her since she's one of the person who oathed their life to me.

But I need to be careful.

Aira opened the door, a two single bed is place in the small room. I look around and see Den's back, she's sleeping. I nod slowly.

"Den!" Mahinang sigaw ni Aira. I glared at her.

"She's sleeping, where's your manners?" I asked and look at Den. "If you can hear me, go to my chamber later when you feel good or I'll break one of you legs myself." I said to Den and turn around.

I should ask a doctor to attend her if she's sick.

I look at the servant behind us and raised one of my brow before walking out kf the house. I walk back to my usual spot but stop midway when I saw who's waiting there.

I continue walking without making any expression. I walk calmly to him with my heart racing so fast.

"Levi." I said and walked passed by him to sit on my chair. I look up at him. "What brings you here early in the morning. I just want you to know that I won't entertain you." I said straight to the point, nagsalin ako ng tsaa sa aking tasa at humigop dito. I watch him sit infront of me.

The servants stayed away from us.

"I came here to tell you something." He said seriously. I give him my attention.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Luxius and I talked." He paused and look at my hand which is holding a tea. "He told me he'll give me the throne without shedding any blood."

"He did?" I asked.

"Yes."

"And in exchange?"

He sighed and lean on the chair.

"Not to meet you ever again." He said and chuckled. My brow shot up.

"So you'll not see me anymore?" I asked, a hint of fear was evident in my voice.

"What do you think I'm doing here Tia?" He asked still looking at my hands.

"Ofcourse you did not listen to Luxius." I said. His eyes drifted to mine.

"I'm going to kill Luxius even if he's your friend." He said lightly.

"Don't kill him." I said and look away.

Luxius was too innocent, it was proven with what Levi just said and Luxius is not the real rival.

How did I know?

Levi isn't precautious with Luxius and he's taking him lightly.

"Why not?" He asked.

"Just don't it's a waste of time.." I stop and look at his crimson eyes. "Tell me who's the real enemy Levi."

Is't you?

••