B i l a n g XLIV

CONTENT WARNING
TRIGGER WARNING
Language may not be appropriate for young age and sensitive human.

I look at Tia's eyes as she read's her book infront of me.

I should be mad, she's ignoring me, a royalty infront of her, yet I don't feel angry at all, I get to stare at her.

"Only thieves or swindlers will offer you something for nothing." She said, her gaze from the book turn to me. "Stop staring will you?" I smiled at her.

"Do you like that quote?" I asked referring to the words she said. She shook her head. She was about to speak when Caesar went to me. He crouch and whispers to my ears.

"The beagle got caught." He said. My good mood vanished in a second. I can't help but frown.

"Where are they?" I asked.

"They sent a total of 20 fingers." Caesar's voice is lower than his first whisper, I can't almost hear him.

"They won't be able to kill themselves." I said. I saw Tia is just watching us.

"They won't speak." He said. I made a fist in irritation.

Those beagles are two of my best knights. It's just a shame that they'll die.

"Aren't you going to work?" She asked. The wind suddenly came and swayed her purple hair.

"I'll get going now." I said. I nod at Caesar and stood up.

"Where will you go?" She asked.

"Frisicia." I said. She just nod and sip on her coffee.

When will you ask me not to go?

I started walking away.

She's Tia, what am I expecting.

"You'll ride Austin?" I just nod at Caesar. "I can't let you."

"Quiet." I said when I reach Austin's stable. "Go back to Tia." I said then jump up to Austin. Caesar did not speak but instead he gave me a hood.

I wore it then left.

I'm so pissed right now. How did my beagles got caught? They should be here now telling me about the enemy's plan.

I ignore all the servants that greeted me, I need to plan my next move. How will I kill those beagles, should I go there myself or trust them that they'll kill themselves?

"Are you ignoring your mother now?" I stop. I look my mother.

"What are you doing here again, mother?" I slowly asked.

"You look stressed?" She said and about to touch my face when I move away. I saw her frowned but smiled after. "Are you still angry at that old woman you just killed?" I look at her.

I can't believe she has someone to spy on me, but her spy is no better.

"I'm busy, why are you here again?" I asked.

I need to talk to Sir Brandon about the beagles.

"I heard that you've been ignoring Lady Kleigh and is always with that prodigal daughter of the Marquis Laissè?" She asked. "She'll be a good wife if she's not just a agitator."

"I plan to abandon her." I  said, her eyes light up.

"You're indeed my son." She said.

"Yes, now I ask you to send a letter to the Inos' manse canceling the engagement." Her eyes widened, she was caught off guard.

"What?" She asked. "You'll marry that ill mannered lady?" I shook my head. She grab both of my arms and now her eyes is all teary. "You can't go to another war my son!" She started crying and she keeps on pushing me.

"I won't." I said.

"Then what will you do?" She asked.

"Do you not want me to go start war to another country?" I asked, she nod. "Help me." I said.

"What can I do?"

"Kill the Emperor." She stop, she wasn't able to move.

See?

You won't be able to do that because you love him more than yourself, you're just greedy, wanting the Empress position and wanting the Emperor for yourself at the same time.

"K-kill?" She asked shaking and move away from me.

"Yes mother." I moved closer to her, I can see fear in her eyes. "Did you remember? At my young age, I killed someone for you?" I asked. She started to tremble. "Won't you do the same for your son?"

"I c-can't kill." She said her eyes keeps on moving, it's obvious that she's anxious.

"Then stop telling me what to do, I've already done my part." I said then turn around. "You're just the person who brought me to this world, you don't own me." I said.

"Y-you'll succeed in what you're aiming but she won't be there." I stop. I look at her, it's obvious that she's trembling in fear.

She must know what happened to that old lady, but her desire to pissed me off is what's making her brave.

"I'll succeed to anything, even with Tia, don't forget that."

••

Beagle - A member of a certain team in Cailevi's knights that is made and specialist in spying.