Ch. 76

Memphis, TN
November 28th, 2019

Cali's POV

Today was Thanksgiving, and Meika asked me to come over. I told her I'd stop by, but I couldn't stay long because I was having dinner with my family at my house.

" Cali, you done making the candied yams?" Ashley asked me.

" Yeah, I just put em in the other oven to keep em warm." I said walking out the kitchen.

" So, what else you need us to do?" Kennedy asked me.

" Y'all just make sure y'all don't let Ari cook in my damn kitchen while I'm gone." I said as I grabbed my purse.

" Don't do that. I know how to cook now. Can't I Tremani?" Ari asked looking down at him.

" No!" Tremani said shaking his head as he ran off to Kennedy.

Everybody, but Ari busted out laughing.

" It be ya own damn kids." Ari said rolling her eyes.

" He ain't lying, but don't worry cuzzin if she burn down the house down I'll cut you a check." Trey said.

I nodded my head laughing.

" Where you going amira?" My pops asked me.

" Over Meika house for a few minutes." I said.

" Ok, be safe. Make sure you text one of us, and let us know when you make it there." My momma said.

" I'm not driving Key outside to get me." I said.

" Ok, well tell Meika to text me. I found the perfect venue for your baby shower, and I want her to come look at it with me, and the party planner." My momma reminded me.

" Ight, I'll be back y'all." I said as I walked out the house.

I walked out the house, and got into Key's new camouflage Rolls Royce. As I buckled my seatbelt up I felt Key staring a hole in a my face.

" Whatchu staring at me fa?" I asked with my face scrunched up.

" How you gone get in somebody car, and not speak?"

" Are you really that desperate for me to speak to you that you didn't even give me a chance to get myself situated first?" I asked with my head tilted.

He looked at me repeatedly blinking his eyes," Maybe..."

I laughed, " Hey Key, damn."

" Wassup." Key said as he finally pulled out the driveway.

He started to drive out of my neighborhood. I was scrolling on Instagram.

" I gotta stop at the sto real quick." Key said to me.

" Fa what?" I asked.

" My momma want me to get some mo ice, and plus I need some mo backwoods."

I nodded my head.

" You still coming to Atlanta next week right?" Key asked me.

" Yeah, why?" I asked with one of my eyebrows raised looking at him.

I was going to Atlanta to check on the process of my new club. Mia showed me the perfect building I fell in love with a few weeks after I purchased my house. I already had all the licenses and permits you need to run a nightclub. Only thing I had left to do was make sure all the electrical stuff is working, and get the interior furnished. Then, I'll be up and running. My whole pregnancy I've been traveling, but I've also been making boss ass moves.