Ch. 34

Memphis, TN
May 8th, 2018

Key's POV

My momma's birthday is today, and she made sure everybody was back home to come to her barbecue

My momma's birthday is today, and she made sure everybody was back home to come to her barbecue. It feels good to be back home surrounded by my folks. I was chilling in the backyard with Fat, Woo, Pjay, and my uncles.

" Markeyvius, where my daughter at?" My momma asked with an attitude.

" Ma, ion know she said she was on ha way." I said shaking my head.

" You better make sure she get hea cause I wanna introduce her to everybody." She said before she walked off.

Cali nem said they had some to do before they came here.

Just as I was finna text Cali I seen her walking out the house coming into the backyard. Her, Trey, Ash, and Kenn walked in.

" Mane, where the hell y'all been? Y'all ass got Meika on my ass bout Y'ALL being late." I said as I smacked my lips.

" Nigga, don't look at me. That's yo girl fault. She wanted to wait last minute to go shopping, and shit." Trey said shaking his head.

" Hey baby." She said as she kissed me.

" Hey." I said as I pulled her into a hug.

" Well, hey to yo ugly ass too Key." Kennedy said as her and Ash walked around us.

" Nephew, that's you?" My uncle Pete smirked.

" Yeah, so you and Tony keep them damn compliments to ya selves." I said looking at him up and down.

My uncle Pete and his friend Tony known fa flirting with all the young females that come over to the family events. But they just don't know I'll whoop they old ass, if they try dat shit with Cali.

" Overlook him. I'm Caliana, it's nice to meet you." Cali said as she handled her hand out to shake his.

" Nice to meet you to sweetheart." My uncle Pete said as he kissed ha hand.

" Ight, bruh you getting too comfortable. Take yo ass on over there to the spades table." I said as I pulled Cali closer to me.

My uncle took a sip of his beer, and laughed. He went over to the spades table with the rest of my uncles and cousins.

" Where's Me-" Before Cali could even finish my momma came over.