Ch. 1

August 2nd, 2014
South Memphis, TN

3 months later

"Cali, come hea!" My momma yelled from downstairs.

I walked out of my room, and walked downstairs to see what she wanted.

" Ma'am?"

" You know school start soon, so take my card and go buy you some uniform clothes."

" Uniform? Oh nah baaaaby Caliana Karin Cartier ain't wear no uniform." I said shaking my head.

" Cali, quit referring to ya self in 3rd person, and you the one who didn't wanna go to private school. So go do what I told ya to do, and get outta my face." She said waving me off.

I grabbed my purse, phone, and keys. And I headed out the door. I stayed on the good part of South Memphis. 10 mins away from the riverfront. Our new house has 4 bedrooms, and 4 bathrooms. It was big, and pretty, but ain't nothing like the NOLA. I missed it.

I drove 20 minutes to the nearest mall. I made it to the mall. It was a booku of people hea. First I went into Finish Line, and bought the new Jordan's that just came out, and 2 pairs of white forces.

As I was walking to the next store my phone rung. It was Ashley.

" Wazzam? What you doing?" Ashley Said.

" Girl, shopping fa some damn uniform." I said rolling my eyes.

" Oh, damn y'all gotta wear uniform." Ashley laughed.

" Girl, that shit ain't funny. I'm really blowed right now!"

" My bad, but what the niggas look like out dere? Is it some trades?" She asked.

" You know a nigga is da last thang on my fucking mind, but Ian seen not nan trade yet bitch." I said laughing.

As I was talking to Ashley, I accidentally bumped into someone.

" Excuse me, dats my fault sorry." I said.

" You good."

" Girl, let me get off the phone witcho ass you got me bumping into folks and shit." I said to Ashley.

" Girl, fuck dem people." She said as she hung up.

As I started to walk off the dude I bumped into called out to me.

" Aye." He said doing a light jog over to me.

" Huh?"

" I'm Fat, what's yo name?"

" Caliana."

" You gotta be from outta town because you don't sound like you from here." He said.

" I'm from Nawlins. I moved outchea 3 months ago."

" We should link sometime. Let me get yo nu—" Before he could finish I cut him off.

" It was nice meeting ya, but I gotta go." I said as I walked off.

I finished shopping, and heading back home. When I walked through the door my mom was cooking dinner. I tried sneaking in my room with all of the bags I had.

" How much you spent Cali?" She asked as she turned around looking at me.

" Just a stack." I mumbled.

" A what?"

" $800"

" Girl, what the hell did you buy!"

" Clothes, like you said, and some extra stuff."

" Tell ya daddy to send me half of my damn money fa them all dem damn clothes ya ass done went out and bought."

" Girllllll." I said laughing.

My parents got divorced earlier this year. Which is part of the reason why we moved outta Nawlins. My pops owns a luxury car dealership in Miami, Florida. Which is where he's living full time now.

When my parents where together, we owned 2 houses. One in New Orleans and one in Miami, and we would go back and forth whenever I didn't have school.

Back at the food court in the mall..

" I just met my future wife." Fat said to his friends as he sat down.

They all busted out laughing.

" Mane, hell nah! Where she at?" Woo said looking around.

" Ion know I think she already left." Fat shrugged.

" You get ha number?" Key asked.

" We was so into each other we didn't even get a chance to exchange numbers." Fat said.

" Yo ass be lying like hell." Said Pjay.

" On God he do." Laughed Woo.

" Mane, if Fat like ha she ugly as hell. Y'all know all dat nigga hoes be ugly." Laughed Key.

" Mane, fuck y'all. When y'all see ha ion need none of y'all lame ass niggas tryna fuck with ha!" Fat said nodding his head.

" You ain't gotta worry bout it fat ass nigga." Laughed Woo.

" Yeah, ain't nobody gone want ha ass, but you. Y'all gone be two ugly m'fers. A match made in heaven." Laughed Key.

" Ight y'all a see, and she foreign." Fat said proudly.

" Foreignnnn?" They all said in unison, and busted out laughing again.

" She from outta the country?" Pjay asked.

" She from New Orleans, but she looked mixed with a whole lotta shit though." Fat said.

" I can't wait to clown yo ass when we see this mystery girl ya ass talking bout." Said Woo.

" On God, we on yo ass when we see this ugly ass female. Talking about she foreign and mixed. Yeah, mixed with some bullshit." Laughed Key.

Everybody kept clowning Fat about this mystery girl until they got home.

—————