Ch. 13

December 25th, 2014
South Memphis, TN

Key's POV

After me and Cali got the jackin at the beginning of this month we became closer. I ain't gone lie I underestimated Cali lil ass. We was going head up in ha backyard that day after school. The gang was there to make sure shit didn't get too outta control, but let's just say I know not to fuck with Cali ass no mo.

" Markeyvius!" My momma yelled.

" Wassup ma dukes?"

" Didn't I tell ya ass to get all this damn wrapping paper out the flo?"

" My fault." I laughed as I picked up the wrapping paper.

" Since you done gave us our gifts, and you got yours I know you finna go visit Cali." My momma said looking at me with a smirk on her face.

Every since I introduced Trey and Cali to my momma, and grandma they loved them. But fa some reason they swear up and down some going on between me and Cali.

" Ma, chill I told you we just friends." I said shaking my head.

" Yeah fa now. I don't see why you won't leave them lil chicken heads alone, and just settle down with Cali."

" Settle down? I'm too young fa all that." I looked at ha like she was crazy.

" But you wasn't too young to settle down that lil thang you called ya girlfriend." She said as she rolled her eyes.

My momma didn't like Bre because of somethings Bre did when we was together, but I'm not finna get into all dat right now.

" Now ma, you know ha name Bre." I said laughing.

" I don't give a damn what it is. Now look, she got you so whipped you correcting me bout ha ass." She said as she threw ha hands up.

I swear this lady is a mess.

" Well, me and ha that's a dead situation. So, yeen gotta worry about that no mo."

" Ion believe it. She'll be back, and yo ass gone be waiting to take ha back." She said as she picked up her phone.

" You a lie."

" And you another one!" She yelled looking at me as she bucked ha eyes.

" Look, I'm finna go to Trey em house. I'll be back later. Love ya ma." I said as I kissed her cheek.

" Love you too son."

Cali's POV

" Hea Cali, this yo last gift from me." Trey said as he slid a big gift across the floor. It was wrapped in brown paper with a big red bow on it.

" Trey I told you. You didn't have to get me anything." I said staring at him.

" But you got me booku of Designer fits, so you telling me I can't return the favor?" He said staring back at me.

   *How Cali and Trey stared at each other*