Ch. 73

Memphis, TN
                                                November 9th, 2019

Cali's POV

I was running a lil late for my appointment. I pulled up to my doctor's office. I quickly parked my car, and got out speed walking inside. As I went to go sign in I seen my name was already signed. I had a confused look on my face.

" I already signed you in."

I turned around looking, and there Key was sitting in the lobby. I walked over, and sat next to him.

" Why you didn't tell me you was already hea?" I asked.

" Cause I had figured you would've made it before me, but once I got here. I didn't see you here, and I thought you was running a few minutes behind. Not 15 minutes." Key laughed.

" It ain't my fault I overslept. I didn't get that much sleep last night." I said, but before Key could say anything they called my name.

They did the routine check ups before we went into a room. Once we were in the room Key helped me up on the table.

" What was you finna say?" Key asked me as he sat down in the chair, and laid his crutches against the counter next to him.

" Whatchu talking about?" I said cause I had honestly forgot.

" You said you didn't get enough sleep last night." Key said.

" Oh, cause your son was showing out last night. He was kicking me, and I couldn't go to sleep." I said.

" So, he only my son when he showing out? Ok, got it." Key laughed.

" Whatever, I thought yo cripple ass wasn't suppose to be driving anyways."

" Mchht, you gone stop calling me cripple bruh. Hell, I'm not suppose to, but I just wanted it to be just us at this appointment." Key said as he rubbed his hair.

" Hello, Ms. Cartier. How are you doing today?" My doctor Ms. Rivers asked without looking up from her clipboard.

" Good, Mrs. Rivers this is my child's father Markeyvius." I said as I laid back.

" Oh, hi I'm sorry I didn't see you there." Mrs. Rivers said to Key.

" Hey, how you doing?" Key said to her.

" I'm fine thanks for asking. Are you excited to see your little boy today?" She asked Key.

" Words can't even describe how excited I am." Key said laughing.

" Well, Ms. Cartier can you lay back for me?" Mrs. Rivers said as she turned off the lights.

I laid back, and raised up my shirt. She put the warm gel on my stomach moving the doppler around. I looked over, and seen Key recording.

Key's POV

As I looked at the screen as I recorded, I couldn't help but to feel overwhelmed with emotions. Not in a bad way, but in a good way. I smiled looking at my son. That's my seed right there.

" Here's his face." Mrs. Rivers said.

" Now, he wanna be sleep after showing out last night." Cali said shaking her head.

" I can't tell if he's sleeping or not. Let's see if we can get a better view." She said as she moved the lil vibrator or whatever it is on her stomach.

" Ok, cause if he sleep ima need you to wake him up fa me. Cause lil dude was on one last night, if I could get no sleep. He ain't getting none either." Cali said.

As she moved it getting closer to his face. He put his middle finger up, and I busted out laughing.

" Did he just flipped us off? I know you fucking lying." Cali said with a shocked face.

" Yeah, he got my attitude. He just like me fa sho. So quit playing with my son bruh. You see he ain't with it." I laughed.

" Lord, I already gotta deal with you. How I'ma deal with two? I definitely didn't think this through." Caliana said shaking her head.

" This is definitely the first time I've ever seen a baby give us the bird while doing an ultrasound." Mrs. Rivers laughed.

Mrs. Rivers began playing his heartbeat. Ian gone lie I  shed a few tears, but I quickly wiped em away before anybody could see it. I gotta do better for him. Hell, fuck that from here on out I'm gone do better for him and Cali. I got too, I don't want him to make the same mistakes I made.

As soon as she was done with the ultrasound Ms. Rivers handed us the pictures. She handed Cali a napkin to wipe the gel off her stomach.

" I'll see you guys next month."

" You sure will." I said said smiling.

Mrs. Rivers walked out the room leaving me and Caliana in the room together.

" Have you picked out a name yet?" I asked.

" I'm stuck between two names right now." She said she got off the table.

" Well, is he going to have my last name?" I asked nervously.

" I kinda wanted him to have my last name because it sounds better, and it's a boss ass last name."

I looked down, and nodded my head. I was hurt by hearing her say she didn't want him to have my last name.

" BUT I think he should have your last name. Just know my son ain't finna be no damn junior. He gone have his own name." She smiled.

" I'm cool with dat. Preciate dat." I smiled as I hugged her. She hugged me back, and we held each other for a while.

As we released from one another we looked at each other for a few seconds. I started to lean in for a kiss.

" He just kicked. You wanna feel it?" Cali asked looking down at her stomach.

This lil nigga already cockblocking.

" Yeah, of course."

She placed my hands on her stomach, and I felt our son kicking. I couldn't help, but smile as I moved my hands around her stomach. This some I wasn't able to do 5 months ago, so now that we're in a better place means everything to me.

" You feel that?" She asked.

I nodded.

" That's his big ass head that he get from you." She said.

" They said when you hate or don't get alone with someone yo whole pregnancy. They say that's who yo baby gone come out looking like. So, he gone be my twin on God!" I laughed.

" Mchtt, get off me dude. Fa I kick yo crutches from under yo ass." She said as she walked passed me, and walked out the room.

" See, what I mean." I said laughing as I followed behind her.

We said our goodbyes as I we went our separate ways. I had to go pick up Bre, so we could go do this DNA test.

Cali's POV

I haven't heard from Bezel since I visited him in Houston. So, I decided to call him, but he didn't answer. I wanted to talk to him, but I'm glad he didn't answer because now that I realize it. It's definitely a conversation I wanna have with him in person. So, why not pop up?

——————