Ch. 57

Cali's Dream

I looked around, and it was bright. It was soundless, and I seen nothing but white clouds.

" Say baby, I'm having a harder time watching over you than I was moving bricks across the border." A voice I missed so much, and knew all too well said to me while laughing.

I turned around in tears, and ran to hug him as I buried my face into his chest. He kissed the side of my temple.

" I missed you so much Shy."

" I missed you too baby." He said as we released from our hug.

" Am I dead?" I asked looking around again.

" Nah, you just sleeping right now." Shy laughed.

" Oh."

" Yeah, what I done told you bout letting ya emotions get the best of you, and acting off of impulse? Hm?" Shy asked in a serious tone while looking at me.

" I know, but Shy you see what's going on down there. You up hea, so you got a front row seat! It's a whole lotta drama, and... Hold on can I cuss hea or no?" I asked with my eyebrows knitted together.

" You not suppose to, but God in a meeting bout the new wings that's suppose to drop soon. So you straight." Shy said laughing.

" New wings? How you know he in a meeting?" I asked scrunching my face up.

" Yeah, but ion gotta wait for a release date. Let's just say a youngin name hold weight up hea. I be having dinner with Mary nem, so I know everythang dat be going on up hea." Shy smirked cockily.

" You outside the pearly gates lying like dat?" I laughed looking at him.

" Say ain't nobody lying. Me and Jesus whoodies we go way back. I'm one of Mary favorites fa real." Shy said with a straight face.

" Yeah, ok." I laughed rolling my eyes in denial.

" How you think you got this visitor's pass without dying? Exactly! Cause of me. God don't just do this typa stuff fa everybody." Shy said.

" I see you still got jokes." I said laughing.

"  Yeah, now tell me whatchu hea fa?" He chuckled.

" Ok ok, as I was saying. Yeah, it's a lot of BS going on in my life. It's like everybody's happy, but me. I just wanna be hea withchu. Sleep doesn't help, if it's your soul that's tired. And I'm tired Shy. I just wanna give up on life."

" Just cause everythang ain't going right fa you in this moment don't mean you just give up. Difficult roads always lead to beautiful destinations. Eventually you'll end up where you need to be, what you should be doing, and who you're meant to be with. Even if it ain't me cause I'm up hea. I know you don't wanna date again cause of what happened to me, and ole dude constantly betraying ya trust, but you keep dating. Whether you meet somebody or you been knowing em fa years. Cause you'll find somebody who loves you the same way I do. Hell, if not better. And I'ma make sure of that. I'ma put in a word with God when I go back."

" But Shy you don't unders—"

" No, buts! Baby you gotta let me go, and move on withcha ya life. Only thing that'll make me feel at peace is knowing you down there living life to the fullest and you happy luv. That's all I want."

" But dats easier said than done." I sighed.

Before Shy could anything a little girl ran up to him.

" Daddy, come on it's almost time for us to go." She said pulling his hand.

" Is this ha?" I asked.