Ch. 52

July 9th, 2019
                                      New Orleans, Louisiana

Cali's POV

" Caliana? Is that you?"A familiar face yelled.

" BEZEL?"

" In the flesh. Long time no see. Wazzam luv." He said as he got out the truck approaching me.

I met Bezel through Trey and Shy. People use to call: Me, Ash, Trey, Shy, and Bezel The Starting 5. Cause we use to start fights with people just fa the hell of it. Well, that was until Bezel went to jail for home invasions. He was in jail when Shy was in his prime with the whole drug trafficking shit. As soon as Bezel got out his momma sent him to go live with his uncle in Texas. We went by his momma nem house, and asked her fa his uncle address so we could write him, but she told us she didn't want us talking to her son. She always thought all of us had no business being friends. So, we didn't have no way of getting in touch with Bezel after that cause he didn't have a phone, and he didn't have a social media.

" Oh my God. Hey, and I know right. It's been what? 6 years." I said as we hugged.

We released from our hug," Whatchu doing hea?" I asked.

" The same thang you doing, coming to visit Shy." He said.

" No, I mean when you get back in New Orleans?"

" I been back hea fa a couple of days now. Nun permanent tho just hea to handle business outchea. I still live in Houston. What bout chu?" He asked me.

" Same, just hea temporarily. I ended up moving to Memphis after Shy's funeral. But I live in Atlanta now."

" Oh yeah? Say gimme ya number so we can catch up or some while we both outchea. If dats cool withchu." Bezel said.

" Yeah, dats straight." I said.

He gave me his phone, and I put my number in. We both said our goodbyes as I went to my truck, and he walked towards Shy's grave.

I drove back home, and realized I needed to let Trey nem know I was ok. But I still wasn't ready to talk to them cause I know they would ask a thousand questions, and try to figure out where I'm at so that can come get or try to convince me to come back home.

I went in the master bathroom, and took a couple of pictures. I posted them on Instagram. I disabled my comments, so they wouldn't be able to comment under it.

Liked by Treycapalot, Ashwitdatcash, paperroutepjay, and 152,098 others

TheCalicartier: Got my necklace fix. It's back around my neck where it's suppose to be😊!

           -Comments have been disabled-

I went to go shower, and as I got I got dressed. Just as I was about to go to sleep. My phone had vibrated
I looked over, and seen it was an unknown number.

                                    • Message •

713-519-6221: This Bezel. Meet me at Willa Jean tomorrow at 3🤔?

Cali: Ok.

713-519-6221: See you tomorrow😌

I saved his number, and locked my phone. I went to bed.

The Next Day...

" Ian even gone lie, at first ian like ya ass." Bezel laughed.

" Son, you was so damn mean to me fa no reason." I said rolling my eyes.

Me and Bezel been here at this restaurant for at least 2 hours just catching up, and going back down memory lane.

" Cause when you first started hanging with us you was soft as fuck. You was so damn scary it was pitiful."

" I was 10! Da fuck." I laughed.

" Point taken. Ya ass was 10, and was scared of every damn thang."

" You remember when me, you, Shy, and Trey all went to the mall together. Trey and Shy was in foot locker. While me and you was in the food court, and dem 3 girls tried to jump me?" I asked.

" Mchttt, dem hoes was too damn big to be tryna fight yo lil ass. We dogged walked they ass tho." Bezel laughed.

" WE?! Nigga, you did most of the work. You was knocking dem hoes out! Shy and Trey was mad as hell. They came when mall security was breaking it up." I laughed.

" We really was some bad ass m'fers outchea." Bezel said laughing as he shook his head.

I nodded my head.

" So whatchu do fa a living?" Bezel asked me.

" I model, and I guess you can say I'ma social media influencer. What bout chu?"

" I own a several businesses, and I run a pharmacy company. Well, empire is a better term fa it."

I knew what Bezel meant by that. He was doing exactly what Shy use to do.

" What happened to you to wanting to be an artist? You still draw, and paint and stuff?" I asked.

" Shiiddd life. After I got out didn't no job wanna hire me cause of my record. My momma and uncle nem wasn't doing shit fa me. So, I had to make shit happen on my own. But I still draw and shit whenever I got time." Bezel said as he shrugged his shoulders.

" When you to Houston we asked ya momma for ya address, but she didn't give it to us. We tried to get in contact withcha, but you didn't have no Facebook or nun."

" Say dats crazy. She never told me y'all was tryna get in touch with me. I thought y'all had just forgot bout my ass honestly." Bezel said.

" We didn't, but ya momma made it pretty clear to us she didn't want none of us to be friends withcha."

Bezel just shook his head, and it got silent fa a few minutes.

" You ready to get outta hea tho?" He asked looking at me.

" Yeah."

He called over the waiter, and she brought us our tickets. I went into my purse to grab my money, but Bezel stopped me.

" Nah, I asked you to come meet me hea. So I'ma pay fa it."

" You straight I got it." I said.

" I said I'ma pay fa it luv." Bezel said smiling.

He put $100 on the table, and we got up. We walked out the restaurant, and walked to our trucks.

" I had fun catching up withchu." I said.

" Me too. How long you say you gone be outchea?" He asked me.

" Ion know at least a month or 2." I said honestly.

He nodded his head " Well, I'ma be hea fa a month, so whenever you free hit me up. So we can kick shit like we use to do."

" I will. Bye Bezel text me when you make it home."

" I gotchu luv. Drive safe." He said as we both going into our trucks.

———————

I can't wait for y'all to see Bezel he so fine😍😩🤤! But now y'all know how Cali and Bezel met. Y'all know what he do job wise, so how y'all feel about his so far🤔? Make sure y'all vote it, comment, and follow me💯! Love y'all❤️