Secrets - Donah

Type: fluff
Warnings: none
Wc: 960

🧸✨ I know 2020 had been a hard year on everyone, but I'm proud of you for doing your best and getting through it<3

Third person

Lately Daniel has noticed that Jonah's been acting off. He constantly had a scared look on his face and he was very protective of his phone. Daniel was worried about his best friend (and crush), he's never acted like this before.

Currently, all 5 guys of Why Don't We were chilling together in the living room of their shared house. Daniel and Jonah were sharing the smaller couch while the other three were sharing the larger one. Daniel peeked at Jonah's phone, seeing him scrolling through Shawn Mendes' instagram page.

"Whatcha doing Jo?" Daniel questioned. Jonah quickly went back to his home feed.

"Just on Instagram," Jonah answered, looking over at Daniel with slight panic in his eyes.

"Hey Jo?"

"Yeah?"

"Can we go talk upstairs?"

"Sure."

Daniel and Jonah got off of the couch and went upstairs to Daniel's bedroom. They sat on the bed and faced each other. "What did you want to talk about?" Jonah questioned.

"I've just noticed that you haven't been acting like yourself lately, and I just want to know what's up. What's going through your head?" Daniel asked. Jonah took a deep breath before locking eyes with Daniel.

"Nothing is wrong, I'm fine," Jonah said. A few tears grew in his eyes before he stood up. "I'm gonna go."

"Jo, wait!" Daniel stood up and pulled Jonah back around to face him, he saw tears in his eyes that were threatening to fall. "Oh Jonah, it's okay."

Daniel pulled the slightly taller boy into a loving hug. He had his arms around Jonah's shoulders while Jonah had his arms around Daniel's waist. Jonah let a few tears slip out onto Daniel's shoulder. "Shh, it's okay Jo."

They stayed in the hug until Jonah was calm enough to talk. Daniel pulled away from the hug and smiled sadly at Jonah. "Let's sit down and you can tell me what's bothering you, okay?"

Jonah just nodded his head and blinked away the forming tears. Daniel lead him over to the bed and sat down, motioning for Jonah to do the same.

When they were both sat on the bed, Daniel smiled softly at Jonah. "Now, tell me what's bothering you. I can tell you have a lot on your mind."

Jonah took a deep breath before talking.

"I've been keeping something from everyone for a very long time, and I don't know how to say it. I've known it for a while but I'm too scared to tell people," Jonah admitted.

"Okay, well, why are you scared to tell people? Do you think they'll look at you differently?" Daniel asked. Jonah just nodded his head and bit his quivering lip.

"I'm scared everyone will hate me."

"Jo, you know me and the guys could never hate you, and your family couldn't either. No matter what it is, we will all still love you the same, okay?"

"O-Okay."

"Now, do you want to tell me? If not then it's totally fine, but just know that you will always be the same Jonah to me."

Jonah looked down at his lap and had a quick debate in his head, then he decided on telling Daniel. He looked back up at Daniel and looked into his eyes.

"I uh, I'm g-gay," Jonah said quietly. Daniel smiled widely then hugged Jonah, who immediately broke down.

"Oh Jobear, you thought I would hate you for that? You know I'm bisexual!" Daniel said into Jonah's ear.

"I-I know, but you know what it's like to be in the closet, it's fucking terrifying," Jonah cried.

"I know Jo, I know," Daniel comforted. He rubbed the older boy's back then pulled away and wiped his tears. "No more tears, okay? I love you the same amount as before you told me."

Jonah nodded and slightly smiled before wiping the rest of his tears away. "Do you want to go back downstairs?"

"Not yet, I don't want to look like I was crying," Jonah answered.

"Fair enough."

"Dani?"

"Yeah?"

"Can we cuddle?"

"Of course."

Daniel laid down on the bed then opened his arms for Jonah. The older boy laid down and placed his head on Daniel's chest, allowing the boy to wrap his arms around him. Daniel rested his chin on top of Jonah's head while he rubbed his back. "I'm so so proud of you Jo, I know that was probably absolutely terrifying for you. Thank you for trusting me."

"I trust you with my life Dani."

"Good, I'm glad."

"Can I tell you something D?" Jonah asked softly.

"Of course, what's up?"

"I like you, you're the reason I found out I'm gay," Jonah said. Daniel smiled then kissed the top of his head.

"I like you too Jonah," Daniel replied. Jonah smiled then cuddled into Daniel some more. "Would you like to be my boyfriend?"

Jonah pulled his head off of Daniel's chest and made eye contact with him.

"More than anything." Jonah leaned down and allowed their noses to brush against each other for a moment before connecting their lips. Daniel kept a firm grip on Jonah's hips.

When they finally pulled away, they both had the biggest smiles on their faces. "Thank you for everything Dani."

"There's no reason to thank me, but you're welcome."

Jonah went back to his previous position on Daniel, cuddling into the boy happily. "So, about you stalking Shawn Mendes..." Daniel said teasingly.

"You can't blame me, he's hot," Jonah answered.

"Agreed."

Both boys bursted into a fit of giggles before eventually calming down. They were both so happy, Daniel got to be with his long time crush, and Jonah got to finally tell his secret, (and be with his crush of course).