House fire - Dorbyn

Type: fluff/hurtficWarnings: house fire

Type: fluff/hurtfic
Warnings: house fire

Gentleness doesn't get work done unless you happen to be a hen laying eggs - Coco Chanel

Third person

Daniel was driving home from work when he saw smoke rising in the air, it was coming from a few blocks away, near his house. He immediately began to panic and started driving faster.

As he turned down his street he saw that it was his house on fire, there were two fire trucks a few police cars, and an ambulance outside of the house. He quickly parked his car and got out, immediately running over to the scene.

"Sir, you need to stay back," a police officer explained.

"That's my house!" Daniel panicked. "Wait! Did you find a man in there?"

"I don't know Sir, but you need to stay calm."

"My boyfriend is in there! They need to get him out!" Daniel shouted, half panic half anger.

"Sir, the firemen are doing the best they can, please calm down," the police officer said calmly. Tears grew in Daniel's eyes as he looked at the house burning up in flames. He quickly ran past the officer and jumped over the caution tape. He heard shouts of 'don't go in there' or 'stop' but he kept running. He untied his tie and put it over his mouth to filter the air a little bit. He opened the door and ran inside, all he could see was smoke and flames.

"Corbyn! Corbyn! Are you in here?" Daniel shouted. He started walking upstairs, staying low to the ground. "Corbyn honey! Where are you?"

He kept walking until he made it to their bedroom. He walked in and saw Corbyn sitting on the floor with his back against the bed.

"D-Daniel," Corbyn mumbled.

"I'm right here baby, I'm going to get us out of here okay?" Daniel explained. Corbyn nodded weakly. Daniel took the tie from his mouth and put it over Corbyn's mouth and nose. "Hold that there, you probably already inhaled a bunch of smoke."

Corbyn nodded and placed his hand over the tie. Daniel placed one arm under Corbyn's legs and the other one on his back. He lifted him up and began walking out of the bedroom. When they reached the hallway the flames were twice as large as they were before. Corbyn looked up at Daniel with a scared expression. They were stuck. Daniel ran back into the bedroom and closed the door. He set Corbyn down and grabbed a pillow and blanket, he put it at the bottom of the door to stop the smoke from coming in.

"We're going to have to go out the window, okay?" Daniel explained. Corbyn nodded his head. "I know it's scary, but it's the only way we're getting out of here alive."

"Okay, I trust you Dani," Corbyn said softly. Daniel gave him a weak smile and kissed his forehead.

"I know it's far, but you need to aim for the pool. Try to land in it if you can. If you can't, then you need to make sure that both of your feet land at the same time so it's less likely for you to hurt yourself," Daniel said quickly. Corbyn nodded to show that he understood. "You go first baby, you need to get out of here."

Corbyn looked at Daniel as tears filled his eyes.

"What about you Dani?" Corbyn asked, his voice cracked from tears.

"I'll be right behind you, as soon as you get out of the pool I'll jump."

Corbyn nodded then walked over to the window. He opened it and looked down, which was a huge mistake.

"I can't do this Dani, it's too high," Corbyn said, a few tears ran down his cheeks.

"Yes you can baby, I'll be right here," Daniel said softly. Corbyn nodded, he knew he didn't have a choice. Daniel helped Corbyn into the window and held his waist so he didn't fall. "Okay jump on three. One, two, three."

Daniel gave Corbyn a push as he jumped toward the pool. Daniel watched as he fell, he smiled when he landed in the pool with a splash.

Corbyn quickly swam to the surface and got out of the pool. Corbyn looked up at Daniel, waiting for him to jump. Daniel looked at the pool before climbing into the window. He kept staring at the pool as he pushed his body away from the window. He screamed as he fell, but quickly landed in the pool.

Daniel got out of the pool as fast as he could, then he ran over to Corbyn and hugged him tightly.

"I'm okay Dani," Corbyn said softly. A few tears fell down Daniel's face, he was so overwhelmed that he could've lost the love of his life. Corbyn weakly wrapped his arms around Daniel's back weakly.

Daniel pulled away from the hug and pecked Corbyn's lips.

"Let's get to the ambulance so they can help you," Daniel said softly. He took Corbyn's hand into his and ran to the front yard, staying as far away from the house as they could.

As soon as they made it outside of the caution tape two paramedics came running to them.

"Are you guys okay?" A paramedic asked.

"I'm okay, but I think he inhaled a lot of smoke," Daniel explained to her. She nodded then lead Corbyn and Daniel over to an ambulance.

"Just sit here please sir," she said and pointed to a stretcher. Corbyn sat down and held Daniel's hand tightly. The paramedic looked at Corbyn's body, his neck, stomach, chest, and back. She couldn't see anything concerning but decided it would be best to take him to the hospital just in case. The paramedics put Corbyn's stretcher into the ambulance and Daniel quickly hopped in next to him. He held the blonde's hand and gently kissed his forehead.

"I love you so much bean, you'll be okay," Daniel said softly.

"I love you too Dani."

Daniel smiled down at the boy in front of him, his baby was okay.