My fixer - Janah

Type: fluff
Warnings: mention of toxic relationship

It is only after one is in trouble that one realizes how little sympathy and kindness there are in the world - Nellie Bly

Third person

Jack was scared. He was scared of his own feelings for his best friend. As much as he loved Jonah, he was scared to get hurt again. His past boyfriend left him with a lot of trust issues, he was too afraid to get his heart broken again.

"You look very deep in thought, you okay Jack?" Jonah asked gently. Jack snapped out of his thoughts and frowned. He never told anyone about his past, he didn't want any pity.

"Uh yeah, I'm alright," Jack replied, faking a smile.

"Alright," Jonah looked back at the tv, but he was still worried about Jack.

*that night*

Jack laid in bed and stared up at the ceiling, flashbacks from his abusive boyfriend going through his head. He didn't even notice when a tear slipped down his face.

"Hey, Jack, what's wrong bud?" Jonah asked. Jack mentally face palmed himself, Jonah was sharing his room with him because his bed frame broke. Jack wiped his tears and rolled over so he was facing Jonah.

"Uh nothing, it's stupid," Jack sighed.

"It's not stupid if you're crying over it," Jonah paused and turned on a lamp. "What's up?"

"I uh," Jack stuttered. "Can I tell you something Jo?"

"Of course, anything."

"I uh, I don't know how to say this," Jack mumbled.

"Take your time." Jonah smiled and gently rubbed Jack's shoulder.

Jack took a few deep breaths and wiped the tears from his eyes.

"I uh, my last relationship was very toxic. And it's left me with a lot of doubt and trust issues," Jack said quietly. Jonah nodded understandingly. "And now I have very strong feelings for somebody and I'm scared. I'm scared of getting hurt again."

"I'm so sorry that you had to go through that Jack, you don't deserve any of that. Whoever hurt you deserves to be put in hell. And whoever you like should accept that you're scared and take it slow. If they don't then they are a total asshole," Jonah explained softly. Jack laughed slightly.

"Thanks Jo," Jack said happily.

"No problem Jack. But I do have to ask, who's the lucky guy?" Jonah smirked.

"I uh, I can't tell you. You know him," Jack said nervously.

"You really think I would tell anyone? Come on Jacky," Jonah laughed. Jack looked down slowly and sighed.

"I-It's you Jonah. I like you," Jack mumbled.

He winced when all he heard was silence. "Please say something."

"I like you too Jack," Jonah whispered sweetly. He gently pulled Jack's head up with his finger. "Thank you for trusting me and telling me. I promise I'll do everything I can to keep you safe."

Jack smiled and hugged Jonah tightly. He laid his head against the older's chest and nuzzled into his neck.

The two laid there in silence, but not the awkward type, it was comfortable.

"You know Jo, hearts are like bread dough, the longer they're played with, the tougher they become," Jack said softly. Jonah sighed sadly and ran his hand through Jack's hair.

"Well I can promise you that your heart won't have to become any tougher than it is right now," Jonah soothed. Tears appeared in Jack's eyes at that statement.

"Thank you Jonah," Jack cried.

"Don't cry love, you're welcome," Jonah said. "But I do have to ask, will you be my boyfriend?"

"Of course Jobear," Jack answered. He looked up at Jonah and Jonah smiled down at him. "But uh, can we take it slow? I don't know if I'm even ready for this yet."

"Of course, you just tell me if you're uncomfortable at any point," Jonah explained. Jack nodded then cuddled into Jonah's chest again.

Jonah smiled down at Jack. He knew that the boy was broken, but he would make sure to be his fixer.