I miss you - Dorbyn

Type: sad/fluff
Warnings: none
Wc: 595

🧸✨ everything will work out in the end, don't stress over something you can't control

Third person

Daniel laid in his bed, just like he has been doing for the past three weeks, just like he's been doing since Corbyn broke up with him.

The two were the dream couple, they were always together, they only argued enough for it to be a healthy amount, and they were so in love with each other. Daniel didn't know where he went wrong, he thought Corbyn loved him.

Daniel felt lonely, he felt like a piece of his heart was missing. As Daniel laid there with tears running down his cheeks, his thumb hovered over the "call" button on Corbyn's contact. He wanted to call him so bad, he desperately wanted to hear his voice one last time before they forgot each other forever.

Before thinking, Daniel pressed the button, hearing the soft ringing of his phone. He put it on speaker, not feeling like holding his phone up, then he placed his phone on his chest and stared at the ceiling.

"Hello?" Daniel heard from his phone.

"Uh, hi, it's Daniel," Daniel mumbled.

"I know, I still have your contact saved," Corbyn replied. The line went silent for a few moments before Corbyn spoke up again. "Why did you call?"

"I miss you," Daniel admitted, "I wanted to hear your voice again before we forgot each other forever." Daniel bit his lip to hold back the tears threatening to fall from his eyes.

"Dani, we don't have to forget each other, we don't even have to leave each other's lives," Corbyn said softly. Daniel closed his eyes tightly, causing a few tears to fall.

"I really miss you," Daniel cried. He heard a soft sigh from the other boy, he now knew this was a bad idea. "I-I'm sorry, I'll leave you alone."

"No, no, it's okay. I miss you too Daniel," Corbyn said to the boy.

"Can I ask you a question?" Daniel asked.

"Of course."

"Why did you do it? If you still miss me, why did you do it?" Daniel questioned, preparing himself for the worst.

"You were depending on me too much, I didn't want you to have to live without me because I knew it would break your heart. When I go off to California to pursue music and you're left here, I knew it would break you," Corbyn said softly, finally giving Daniel the closure he needed.

"I could've gone with you," Daniel whispered brokenly.

"Dani, you have a life here, I could never ask you to just throw it all away. You have a family, you have a younger sister that you need to take care of, you have a university that you got into, I can't ask you to throw it all away," Corbyn said.

"You wouldn't have to ask," Daniel mumbled. He heard another sigh from Corbyn.

"Look Daniel, it's the best for both of us to just focus on ourselves for a little while, if we're meant to be then we'll find each other again in the future. But for now, I'm always a call away if you need anything, and I mean absolutely anything, alright?" Corbyn said softly. Daniel just nodded and closed his eyes tightly to hold back the tears.

"Okay, the same goes for you Corbs," Daniel said, his voice sounding broken.

"Bye Dani."

"Bye Corbyn."

Corbyn hung up the phone, which made Daniel break down into heartbreaking sobs. He pulled his pillow closer to him and let his tears wet the fabric of the pillow case.

Little did he know, Corbyn felt the exact same way.