Proposal - Zaniel

Type: fluff
Warnings: mention of sex

"You should know you're beautiful just the way you are" ❤️

Third person

Daniel shook his hands as he waited backstage. The band was about to go on, they were just waiting for Zach to finish using the bathroom.

"You ready for this man?" Jonah asked and patted Daniel's back. Daniel nodded with a smile.

"Uh yeah, I am," Daniel replied happily. Jonah hugged Daniel and patted his back.

"Proud if you Bro."

"Thanks Jonah."

Daniel felt in his back pocket to make sure it was there, he smiled when he felt a small circle.

Zach came back out to the area that the other four were in, and he hugged his boyfriend. "Ready bub?" Daniel asked softly.

"Yeah," Zach answered.

The five guys walked out onto the stage and onto their assigned platforms.

Daniel sent Zach a small smile and a wink when the lights turned on. Zach giggled and watched as Daniel started singing the starting to Trust Fund Baby.

••

The show went smoothly, all of the guys were dancing and having fun. The limelights were cheering at the top of their lungs, they were all having fun.

They were singing the last song of the concert, "Just to see you smile".

Daniel sighed nervously, this was the time. To say he was nervous was an understatement. He loved Zach, and it was obvious that the younger boy loved him, but was Zach ready for this?

To Daniel it felt like the song was 3 seconds long. It was finally his turn to sing.

"And when you pull me close. I learn which side of gravity needs me most," Daniel sung. He walked over to Zach and held one of his hands. He locked eyes with the younger boy and smiled widely. All of the fans cheered loudly at the couple's cute moment. "Attracted to your everything. I know there's more than what meets the eye. I'd walk, I'd run, I'd even learn to fly. Just to see you smile."

Daniel smiled at Zach as the music quieted down so it was only softly playing. Zach looked around with a confused expression. Daniel smiled at his cutely scrunched eyebrows. The other three guys were softly singing the rest of the song.

"What's going on Daniel?" Zach asked, not using his microphone. Daniel just shushed him and pecked his lips.

"Just trust me my love," Daniel comforted. He brought Zach to the front of the stage and Corbyn, Jonah, and Jack stood behind them.

Zach looked at the audience then looked back at Daniel, he was so confused.

Daniel handed his microphone to Corbyn so he could focus on Zach. Jack took Zach's microphone so he wouldn't drop it from shock. Daniel held onto Zach's hands and held Zach close to him. The crowd began cheering and almost everyone had their phone out recording the couple.

Zach felt tears arrive in his eyes as he smiled at Daniel. Corbyn moved the microphone so it was in front of Daniel's mouth.

"Zach, ever since I laid my eyes on you, I always knew that you were the most beautiful and amazing person to walk this earth. When I asked you to be my boyfriend and you said yes, I was in disbelief, how could someone so perfect like you, even like someone as weird and as imperfect as me?" Daniel began. Zach smiled widely and let out a small laugh. "I've fallen even more in love with you every single day for the past 4 years. I've fallen so damn hard for you Zach, and I really want to spend the rest of my life with you."

Zach began crying as he watched Daniel go down onto one knee. He pulled the diamond ring out of his back pocket. He held it up next to Zach's hand and smiled up at the boy. "Zachary Dean Herron, will you marry me?" Daniel asked.

Zach looked into Daniel's eyes as he began to sob. He nodded frantically.

"Of course," Zach sobbed into his microphone. Daniel smiled and put the ring on Zach's left ring finger. The crowd bursted into loud cheers, and their three best friends began cheering and clapping.

Daniel stood up and pulled Zach close to him. He wrapped his arms around the younger's waist and pulled him in for a kiss. Zach smiled and raised his hands to Daniel's cheeks.

Both boys smiled into the passion filled kiss. It was like everything just disappeared. It felt like they were the only ones in the stadium, although there were thousands of people.

They slowly pulled away from the kiss and looked into each other's eyes. Their faces were so close that they could feel each other's soft breaths against their lips.

"God I love you," Daniel mumbled.

"I love you too Dani, so much," Zach said softly. Daniel brought Zach into a tight hug and rubbed his back.

Zach smiled and cuddled his head into the older boy's neck. He placed a few kisses there before pulling away. "I love you my fiancée," Zach said with a wide smile. Daniel giggled when Zach called him his fiancée.

"I love you too, fiancée," Daniel smiled.

"Okay, before everyone here dies of cuteness, I think that's all for tonight," Corbyn announced. The couple pulled away from each other and got into the line with the guys. They all held hands and took a huge bow before walking off of the stage.

As soon as they were out of view of the limelights Zach attacked Daniel into a kiss.

Daniel smiled and immediately kissed back. He held Zach's waist close with one hand and used the other to caress his face.

They eventually pulled away and placed their foreheads against each other's.

Daniel placed kisses all over Zach's face before placing a lingering kiss on his lips.

"Ready to go to the hotel?" Daniel asked with a smirk. Zach nodded with a giggle.

"Yeah."

••

When the band arrived at their hotel, they said their good nights to each other.

"Don't fuck him too hard. I'm in the hotel next to you and I'd actually like to get some sleep tonight," Jonah groaned.

"No promises," Daniel said, earning a annoyed groan from Jonah. Both Daniel and Zach laughed before running into their room to have their eventful night together.

A/N this is based off of a dream I had last night😂